Thread: Changing a Username...

Pete

Question

Steve,
    I sent you an email yesterday, but I suppose you didn't receive it due to the I Love You bug. Basically, I've looked in the FAQ and I know how to change my user profile. However, I didn't realize when I set up my profile that my user name would be the default name on the actual posts. I'd like to add "Hanlin" to the end of "Pete" on my username- but that's not possible in the edit profile screen. I could create a new profile... but I like the fact that I've got that May 1 date as my original date (years from now, I can say I was there from the beginning of the new format 8^).

Also, I've requested a SOLA investor's pak three times now and have yet to receive one. Is there someone I can call at SOLA to have one sent (at 4 5/8, you guys are a "steal" in my book)? I already bought the stock- I'd just like to see the investor's pak...

Thanks,
    Pete

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Thumbs down

Pete,

I wasn't ignoring you, it's just that I didn't know the answer and had to do some investigating. What I found is that there is currently no way to modify a user name - you'll have to register a new one. However once you've done this, I might be able to change your beginning date and total messages posted to what you had before.

The other potential problem is that the Board doesn't allow multiple registrations with the same email address. You'll have to put a dummy address into the new registration, then go into the old one and change it to something else, THEN go back to the new one to put in your real email address.

Sorry for the convoluted procedure, but you've definitely highlighted one downside of the registration procedure. In reading the UBB support forums I noticed that a number of people have requested the ability to change user names in future upgrades. Hopefully they do it for the next upgrade.

Also, what number did you call for the investor pack? The number for SOLA International is (650) 324-6868. (Sorry, they don't have an '800' number!)

Steve

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Pete,

I tried to change your user name to Pete Hanlin. Post a message and let's see what happens.

Steve

Thread Information