Thread: Good videos for cold winter nights!

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Good videos for cold winter nights!

My husband bought the DVDs "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" and "Smiley's People"--these based on the books by John LeCarre. Watched a couple hours last night--fabulous!! I am a huge LeCarre fan, but anyone who likes a good spy yarn would enjoy. These are British (Masterpiece Theatre) productions and have that dark and brooding atmospheric thing going on, and Guiness is wonderful. If I am not mistaken, there was a Richard Burton movie of "The Spy Who Came in from the Cold"--best spy novel ever!--made years ago; will have to track it down for my LeCarre movie collection!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We've enjoyed HBO's Band of Brothers and just finished The Seven Samurai. We also enjoy our collection of The Avengers ( with Mrs. Peele, of course) and I would also recommend the the Prime Suspect series.

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Arrow

Rather than buying all these dvd's have you thought of joining on of the online rentals where you can rent out dvd's for as long as you like for a fixed monthly fee. I use this method as it saves having to take a trip to the shop..... I get 3 dvd's at a time for £14 a month.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by John R
    Rather than buying all these dvd's have you thought of joining on of the online rentals where you can rent out dvd's for as long as you like for a fixed monthly fee. I use this method as it saves having to take a trip to the shop..... I get 3 dvd's at a time for £14 a month.
    Actually, we do belong to NetFlix. That's where I got the Band of Brothers and Seven Samurai. The Avengers are all on tape. My husband had developed an enormous Costco DVD habit and I had to put my foot down.:bbg:

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Canty
    We've enjoyed HBO's Band of Brothers and just finished The Seven Samurai. We also enjoy our collection of The Avengers ( with Mrs. Peele, of course) and I would also recommend the the Prime Suspect series.
    Hey Judy, is Prime Suspect the series with Helen Mirran?

Also, I neglected to thank you for your recommendations re DC. Had dinner at the Market Inn and really loved it, thanks.:)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yes it is. And you're welcome, the Market Inn is one of my very favorites.

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Canty
    My husband had developed an enormous Costco DVD habit and I had to put my foot down.:bbg:
    :drop: I know the feeling i currently have 630 and growing fast...... Although mine arnt all costco specials..... Wonderful thing the internet. :D

Thread Information