Thread: Opening a Cartier account and an oakley sunglasses account?!

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Opening a Cartier account and an oakley sunglasses account?!

does anyone have any information on opening a Cartier account and an oakley sunglasses account.

I realize I could just call them, but I dont want the sales pitch. I would rather heasr from someone with first hand experience before I approach them.

Thanks again,
    Ibrahim

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It's been years, but when I called Cartier I got someone who sounded like a member of the English house of Lords who had lost the family fortune and was forced to go to the colonies and earn a living. Then he said: "First we have to send someone out and approve your establishment. Then if you recieve approval, for investment of $20,000 we will put in x number of frames (I don't remember the exact number) in your store. The lowest price of the 18k gold ones will retail for a minimum of $5,000.00.

I tried to get them to allow me to have a week-end showing with lots of publicity and security guards, etc. To learn if the product would move well enough to cover my investment, but no dice. While I have 1/2 dozen or so patients who would buy same, I don't think they would move fast enough to cover the interest on the cost of inventory.

Don't worry about sales pitches, both places are resistant, at least at first to open new accounts.

Chip

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I remember when I first started going to Vision Expo Cartier had a booth open to all attendees. However, now they still have a booth but only open it up to "invited guests" or "by appointment"

As chip indicated unless you have folks in line to purchase, you will probably find a better return on investment with other luxury frame lines.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    As far as Oakley:

They will give you a minimum. I would negotiate seriously, however, as it is soft. They do want you to be big in their ophthalmic as well as sun.

Best wishes.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Depending on your area, Oakley usually does not try to strong arm you. They give you the numbers and you either take them or you don't. Quite frankly, they are getting to be more mid to low- range in price, compared to the other offerings. Keep in mind also, that when the rep stops in, they're usually more comfortable selling in bike and surf shops than opticals. They have a pre-recorded (brainwashed) message that they'll give you about asphericity and rx compatibility, but don't try to go anywhere else with optics or you'll get the glazed over eyes look from them.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Johns,
    How are you doing with Oakley? I feel it's slowing down somewhat. Am thinking about reducing.

Thread Information