Thread: Who wants my job? Brookline MA

Blue Jumper Who wants my job? Brookline MA

Well, since I am leaving to move to far away to commute (Alabama), my job will soon be open.

We are looking for someone with substantial experience in the optical field.

The position is for an optician to run a dispensary in a busy Ophthalmologists office.

If you are interested, please fax a resume to-617-735-9616

Thanks!

Samantha
    Last edited by SamanthaB; 10-20-2004 at 09:00 AM.

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar
    Samantha, best wishes in 'bama; I am moving to Waterbury,Ct. next week, need a position like yours, but, that's a bit hard to commute too.

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Samantha,

I beg to differ with the job description. If you dispense eyewear in the Commonwealth of MA you must have a license to dispense, or be a registered apprentice under the supervision of a licensed dispenser. The old "under the direct supervision by optometrists or ophthalmologists" clause is not valid by law, and if you are in fact dispensing without a license to do so, or under the supervision of a MA license, you are in violation of the statute.Perhaps it will be clearer if you read the statute.

This situation came up at the last meeting of the Board of Registration in September and that's what the board was told by its counsel.It came as a shock to most of the board members and myself as an invited quest, and former board member. Best be looking for a license! any questions, please PM me and I'll get your office a clarification. best from hj
    Last edited by hcjilson; 10-19-2004 at 07:46 PM. Reason: clarification
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Harry, she didn't mention anything in her post about a "license" requirement, but of course anyone looking for that position should be aware of the job requirements anywhere they plan to work, right?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi Ranger,

It would appear that Samantha has edited her post to remove the "no license required" part of the description. I would think that one with your background would not have any trouble being credentialed in either MA or CT.Good luck with your move and job search.Look forward to meeting you in person at Expo or environs.

best from hj
    Lord Byron

Harry, I think you're right about the "edited" version, just forgot what was there before; hey, how 'bout them Red Sox! lots of luck tonight..my son is a big time NYY fan, and I've been a Texas fan for decades. I've made some contact with some old friends in CT, and have good hopes of finding somebody that appreciates "maturity"...it'll take a bit to get licensed there, since I have to take the NCLE boards first...I have some buds in Boston area like Pat Langone, maybe it'll be easier to see you guys there...

I did remove the license statement, we don't care if they apprentice or have a license already.

Thanks!
    Samantha

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Samantha, My above post was not meant as a put down. The point I was trying to make is that we all,(myself included) thought that you didn't need a license if you worked in an OD's or MD's practice. Fact is that you do need a license. Apprentices can't dispense by themselves so that route is out as well.We just got this clarified last month. I know its done all the time, however things are going to start to become more stringent in the future, and while the board has no authority with the Optometry Board, or Board of Medicine, the investigators will be out checking.

Ranger, I played golf with Pat this past weekend, and will be meeting him in Lexington on Friday for the OAA meeting.
    Lord Byron

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Samantha:
    Welcome to Dixie. Congratuations on having the presence of mind to leave that cold liberal enclave in Mass.
    Chip

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson
    Samantha:
    Welcome to Dixie. Congratuations on having the presence of mind to leave that cold liberal enclave in Mass.
    Chip
    OHHHHHH! I wish I was in the land of cotton.....
    Bum Hotels and business rotten.......
    Look Awayyyyyyy Look Awayyyyy
    Look Awayyy....... Dixie Land

Please remember to add your own music!
    Sorry Chip. I couldn't resist.I'm feeling as good as I do today as a result of the defeat of the Yankees......so I guess that almost makes me a southern gentleman...right?
    Lord Byron

Harry, you guys should be on top of the world, what a great ALCS...most entertaining for a Texas Ranger fan...so, who's gonna win the NLCS, game 7 tonight? I think the Cards have the best team, but the Astros have given them all they can handle..it'll be a good WS either team, but this ALCS will be one to always remember..

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Wouldn't it be something to see Clemens in Fenway again......but then we have the '46 World Series with St Louis to avenge so either team is fine with us. World Series Shmereise, the REAL World Series ended last night.....for Boston Fans anyway! Since I don't know your given name, it will be difficult to remember you to Pat but I'll do the best with what I've got! hj
    Lord Byron

Thread Information