Thread: How can anybody at this point

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

How can anybody at this point

Be undecided?????

We're just weeks away from the election! How can anybody possibly be undecided?

Thoughts???
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool.
    Joseph Roux

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Heard a very fine lady on the radio this morning say that undecideds will still be undecided after pulling the lever. Even suggested that they form a party for undecideds.

Chip

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar
    Yes, it's so scary that Kerry/Edwards is polling so well, I was undecided, but, not any more..

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Sounds like Jana would have to regard the third and final presidential debate as pure entertainment -- or at least, nothing but a total formality. Not that I have any "beef" with that. It just seems like a logical consequence of your statement. Kee-rect???

Are you reading more posts and enjoying it less? Make RadioFreeRinsel your next Internet port of call ...

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wave

I have watched the Debates and listened to the retoric and I agree, Kerry is a much better debater. I have changed my mind and can now support Kerry for president. I am sure that he will make an excellent replacement for Joc Sherroc.

Chip

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Jana Lewis
    Be undecided?????

We're just weeks away from the election! How can anybody possibly be undecided?

Thoughts???
    Because the media is treating this like Michael Jackson and Martha Stewart and over loading everyone's circuits with information. Some of the info is viable and other news is trivial.

I suppose that since my first recollections of president of the US was of Harry Truman, but I was too young then. But it seems to me that things happen in a society that have nothing to do with who happens to be president, but, i'm sure that this one man has considerable influence, especially if his party is in control of the house or senate or both. So, when I hear JK say this and that has happened "on his watch", like whatever happened since the year 2000 is w's fault, kinda hard to swallow...and when JK makes these sweeping promises that all politicians have made since free elections, more jobs, health care issues miraculously solved, without new taxes, etc. like the presidency has some omnipotance attached to it, I am just amazed. W is right, Kerry for 20 yrs in the Senate, and previously as a "freind of Fonda", has been part of the problem, instead of the "solution" to our ills...we as a nation are involved in a global battle with evil under the guise of "muslim religion". does anyone remember how president reacted to 911? Does anyone think that we would have been any better off with another president? Do we think John Kerry is the answer? God, I hope not! Yes, I think we desperately need to have a health care system that works, for those that cannot afford insurance, which is an ever-expanding group. most of medical plans and now, eye care plans are only carving out a nice piece of the pie for the insurance companys, ate the expense of health care professionals and the three O's. the election process is way too long, and way too expensive; just a thought; where does JK get his political contributions from, from the folks that are "rich: that he intends to tax heavier? right...well, yes he is getting his funding from the rich, but I doubt that they will be taxed any more than W has them being taxed, do you? And do you think it is fair to overtax the people who are the most successful, have worked hard to better themselves, and generally pay all the property taxes that fund schools and governments, and now those folks should be taxed more by the IRS too? Right now, i'm selling my house, because even if and when it gets paid for, I won't be able to afford the taxes and insurance...is that fair? so far as the second debate, it was just the first debate recounted, same things said, they just had a different format...I think Cheney made a lot better showing in the VP debate. the dem candidates just "say" they have all these miraculous jobs in the wings for everybody; they will miraculously solve all of the diplomatic misadventures, many of which were created during the Clinton administration. they will miraculously bring the war in Iraq to a "peaceful" conclusion; just like JK and Jane did the Vietnam war...? JK is a "good Catholic", but his religious beliefs, he says, have no place in our culture, BS...sad to see some ultra rich guy stand up there and say how he's gonna solve the middle class tax problem by taxing his peers more...never happen...wake up and smell the coffee, JK is a serious politician, who's absence from his elected position in the Senate seems to be dubious at best...we'll see next month what kind of future America has, and woe be it, if JK is elected...

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

John Kerry and Jacques "Iraq" in OptiBoard country

Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson
    I have watched the Debates and listened to the rhetoric and I agree, Kerry is a much better debater. I have changed my mind and can now support Kerry for President. I am sure that he will make an excellent replacement for Jacques Chirac.

Hello Jacques -- wait until you download my new campaign sound clips!

I'm keeping your chair warm over here in Paris, John. JACQUES IRAQ

Kerry Campaign theme song with vocals
    http://www.marseillaise.org/audio/marshort.mp3

Kerry Campaign theme (instrumental)
    http://www.marseillaise.org/audio/marseillaise.mov

Kerry Campaign theme, diva version
    http://www.marseillaise.org/audio/mi...rseillaise.mp3

THREE versions, one for each hue of the French Tricolor!

Last edited by rinselberg; 10-29-2005 at 01:22 AM.

Are you reading more posts and enjoying it less? Make RadioFreeRinsel your next Internet port of call ...

Opti-Lurker
    Menlo Park, how the h*ll did that happen?
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    People are still undecided because, as has been the case in my memory, neither of the choices are particularly palitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ranger
    we as a nation are involved in a global battle with evil under the guise of "muslim religion".
    Do you mean to state that Islam is evil? If so is it safe to assume by extension that all Muslims are also evil?

Objection! OptiBoard Gold Supporter shanbaum's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Da da da, part 4,138,249

Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson
    Heard a very fine lady on the radio this morning say that undecideds will still be undecided after pulling the lever. Even suggested that they form a party for undecideds.

Chip
    Which of course, brings up the question, is Bush's strategy of labelling Kerry a "flip-flopper" any more clever than his strategy of invading Iraq? After all, those undecideds might think, "Hey, here's a guy who feels exactly as I do!"

coda. you quoted me and I said the "guise of muslim religion"...I did NOT say that Islam is evil..nor that muslims are evil..the muslim people that I know are wonderful peace loving people. so what does it make the "muslim" terrorist who kidnap and behead innocent civilians? I don't believe they represent Islam, do you? they represent evil, and are all that evil is, so how could they be muslim? these terrorists repesent themselves as muslims, which does not make muslims evil. that's like John Kerry saying he's a good Catholic, except for politics (flip-flop)...

Opti-Lurker
    Menlo Park, how the h*ll did that happen?
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    Hey Tex,

The way I read your post was that Islam was the guise 'evil' was cloaking itself in, clearly I was mistaken and I'm sorry that I impugned you in such a way. I agree with you absolutly that the terrorists are not representative of more good Muslims, no more than the IRA were good Catholics.

-Coda

Thread Information