Hello, I thought I would place my first post in here. Im currently serving my 12th year in the AF and plan to seperate at the end of the year (going Active Reserve). Im posting here because Im interested in the optical field. My brother is ABO certified and a frequent user on this sight. When he started out he was working part time for an after school program. Eventually, he worked his way up and became ABO certified. He's currently is running his own lab in The Colony, TX.
My plans are to go to the AF Reserve and get my certification as an Ophthalmic Technician. However, at the time there are no vacancies. So, I plan on having my brother train me in the lab until a slot comes available.
My family and I plan to move to the Dallas area at the beginning of December. Im hoping during my training with my brother and awaiting training, I can possibly assist an office and learn even more. If somone in the Dallas area is in need of an assistant with a strong desire to learn and willing to work long hours please give me a consideration.