Thread: COA/Surgical Technologist looking to relocate to Long Island/NYC

OptiBoard Novice

COA/Surgical Technologist looking to relocate to Long Island/NYC

I am a trying to find any additional information on current listing of jobs for a COA/COT position in the Long Island/NYC area to apply for as I want to relocate to Long Island. I have over 10 years of experience in Ophthalmology, & I am quite diversified in my skill levels of patient works ups, diagnostic testing, (including refracting & photography among others), scribing, sterile technique, pre & post op education, triage & other aspects of the field. Any information that could be sent my way would be greatly appreciated! I am also happy to email & or fax my resume to any such positions available. I will be on Long Island once again from Sept 21st through the 29th to conduct interviews & look for places to live. Any information would be most helpful! Thank you.

Jon

I am a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant currently living in Denver but looking to relocate to Long Island in the next three to four weeks. I am interested in potential offices through which I might continue my career in the field of Ophthalmology. I will be traveling to Long Island between September 21st & September 29th and would be interested in meeting with someone from your practice for a possible interview with regard to a position that your office might have open or possibly have coming open. I have extensive experience in various aspects of Ophthalmology. I attended a Surgical technologist course at the Kapi`olani branch of the University of Hawaii in 2000, which has helped me solidify my skills of patient care and management. Evidenced by my past six plus years at Kaiser Permanente, I have proven my dependability, loyalty and knowledge of the job. I am quick to learn and adapt well in new environments. I have a solid understanding of diagnostic procedures and their intent with regard to better patient management. I look forward to the possibility of working in a new practice in the NYC or Long Island area. I feel this opportunity will further advance my knowledge and skills for the benefit of your patients and their care. Attached, please find my professional resume and enclosures. You will see that it further outlines my education and work experience that qualify me for a Technical position within your practice. I would appreciate any time and attention you might give my inquiry. I would be more than happy to fax a hard copy of my resume along with my other attachments to your office.
    Please feel free to contact me on my cell phone at 303-246-5789 if you would like to schedule an interview. Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely;
    Jon

Resume

Objective: Certified Ophthalmic Assistant/Surgical Technologist

Highlights of Qualifications:
    Highly experienced in diagnostic testing, & patient care management with higher education in surgical technology.
    Strong & positive communicator when working with patients of various cultures & backgrounds.
    Exemplary problem solving skills; able to identify problems & implement corrective processes.

Education:
    Surgical Technology course at Kapi`olani Community College, a division of the University of Hawaii, with surgeries including but not limited to Ophthalmic, Ortho, OB-GYN, GU, GI, ENT, & General. Other courses included Medical Terminology, Anatomy & Physiology, and Microbiology.

Experience:
    April 1998 to August 2004
    Kaiser Permanente, Honolulu Clinic to with inter-regional transfer to Denver, CO. Certified Ophthalmic Assistant
    Duties as follows:
    Diagnostic testing including but not limited to fluorescein angiography, fundus photography, gonio photography, refractions, retinoscopy, keratometry, biometry, humphrey & harrington flock visual fields, corneal topography, assisting in a wide variety of minor surgeries ranging from chalazion excisions to temporal artery biopsies & gas bubble exchanges, lasers, triage, diabetic clinics, & various other duties.

August 1995 to April 1998
    The Cataract & Retina Center of Hawaii to Honolulu, HI.
    Certified Ophthalmic Assistant.
    Duties as follows:
    Patient work ups to include history taking, visual acuities, confrontation & humphrey visual fields, applanation tonometry, keratometry, scribing, assisting in minor surgeries & laser procedures, fundus photography & fluorescein angiography.

OptiBoard Novice

Have You Found Anything Yet?

I Am The The Administrator For A Very Busy Ophthalmic Practice In Rockville Centre (mid-nassau County) I Would Be Interested In Talking With You And Perhaps Giving You Some Idea Of Where To Look And Whom To Talk To

You May Call Me 516-763-4106 If You Would Be Interested In Persuing Something Here

Thread Information