Thread: Metal frame

Bad address email on file April_01's Avatar

Exclamation Metal frame

Does anyone know of any metal frames that have the saddlebridge?(no nosepieces) in a sized A/48 or higher B/30 or deeper? I have a patient who would like to have a metal frame with no nosepieces and I can't find one big enough for a trifocal. I can actually only think of three frames that are made like this at all and are too small for the trifocal. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The ones I can think of are small also but Rodenstock and Laura Ashley make such frames. They might make some that are larger than those of which I am thinking.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Luxottica made one-it was one of the old school double bar at the bridge ones but I cannof for the life of me remember it's name. You could look in the frame facts book or a Lux catalog and probably find it.. It was kinda giant as I recall (52 or 54 being the smallest) Call your reps, describe what you need-they should be able to help.
    Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Mitani has several of this type but I'm afraid they are all smaller size. We carry Mitani and Takeo Kikuchi (also by Mitani) and both lines have these types of frames.

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Oliver Peoples 598
    Has a 29 B, close enough you might be able to swing it, only a 45mm eye size though. I'll keep looking for you in the meantime. Good luck.
    "It's not impossible. I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home."

One eye sees, the other feels OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    April,

Rodenstock 4297, A=52mm B=34.5mm.

A strap bridge should be considered since it can be used in place of a unifit bridge and can be mounted on almost any frame with pad arms. This will allow a more customized fit, similar to nose pads, but with the comfort of a unifit bridge. I find that unifit bridges, on some noses, force the glasses to sit somewhat higher and further from the eyes. Not a good thing in general, and most unacceptable when your looking for extra depth for a trifocal, with the minimum seg height for a 7X28 being about 19mm.

Robert

Bad address email on file

Saddle bridge frame

This may help: Elite Smart Clip 803 is a 47-21-140, "B" measurement is 32:)

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I've got 8 of these 803 frames in stock if anyone needs some. ($39 each/incl magnetic polar clip/all in original pkging)

Bad address email on file April_01's Avatar
    Thank you all so much for your kind help! I will look into all of the possiblilities but am really intersted in the smart clip one because we sell a lot of those. I didn't even think of that. Hopefully manufacturers will come out with more of these style especially bigger ones made for progressive/tri/bifocal wearers because this month alone I have probably had about 10 ask about these type of frames. I talked to the lady who deals with all the frame reps and she said unfortunatly, the reps we go through don't carry a whole lot of them/or any at all. Thanks again!!

April

Thread Information