Thread: A funny

A funny

If you can't lauph at this, you have a problem...:)

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash5.htm

Did Bush expose her by using telekenisis on the costume causing it to malfunction?:hammer:

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Internet volatility strikes again!

Quote Originally Posted by mrba
    If you can't lauph at this, you have a problem...:)
    http://www.drudgereport.com/flash5.htm
    Did Bush expose her by using telekenisis on the costume causing it to malfunction?:hammer:
    I can't quite get my head around what THAT edition of the Drudge Report was about, but this is how the Drudge Report at the posted URL starts at the time of this post: The biggest challenges to the authenticity of the documents featured in the 60 MINUTES segment on President Bush's Texas National Guard service ...

The problem here is Internet volatility. And many of us, no doubt, are falling victim to it. I am not all that Internet savvy myself, so I do not know if there is any foolproof way of recognizing whether the text or image that you "URL" today will be the same tomorrow or next week, etc. Look at the URL you are about to post: If it does not include some obvious TIME and (or) DATE designator, or a "geeky" looking number and (or) character string that looks like a SERIAL designator, you may be about to fall victim to Internet volatility. You may take the attitude that if the web page that you URL'd is updated before they read your post, it's THEIR tough luck. Or you may want to duplicate some of the text or image in your post, or onto some other non-volatile web location where it can be reliably URL'd from your post. Whatever.

I just think that it may be of some small service to any OptiBoarders that read this post to put an example of Internet volatility on display, as a reminder. Of course, who else (?) would be more likely to think about Internet volatility than the inventor (more or less) of the Online Post-ography (What I could not find space for in my Signature field) that serves up my favorite old OptiBoard posts like audio tracks from a compact disc jukebox. POST it again, Sam! (In reality, it was "play it, Sam." NOT "play it again Sam." Don't we all know.)

I just hope that I don't have one of these volatile URLs anywhere in my own posts collection!

Like a bridge over troubled water ... is rinselberg's latest contribution to the national debate on defense and foreign policy issues.
    Last edited by rinselberg; 09-11-2004 at 08:35 AM.

Thread Information