Thread: What I could not find space for in my Signature field

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

What I could not find space for in my Signature field

"There was probably no way to know about the absence of Iraqi weapons." James Woolsey served as President Clinton's Director of Central Intelligence from 1993 to 1995. You can read the rest of his comments on Iraq and WMD online.

This is information that can be displayed by clicking on a link in my Signature field. I call it my "patented" POST it again, Sam software technology, because it serves up my favorite OptiBoard posts like audio tracks from a compact disc jukebox

Al Roker, weatherman and host of NBC's The Today Show, wears and endorses Crizal Alize spectacle lenses.

My first OptiBoard signature was LensCrafters' Worst Nightmare ...next a photo of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld ... and then it changed again. Like many Americans, I owe all that I am to the influence of TV and the movie industry. The reasons that I have made over seventy posts related to or inspired by current events in Iraq and Afghanistan are probably the same reasons that the six widely acclaimed feature length motion pictures "Apocalypse Now", "The Bridge Over the River Kwai", "Lawrence of Arabia", "The Great Escape", "The Spy Who Came in from the Cold" and the original 1962 "Manchurian Candidate" are always somewhere near the top of what passes for a mind. And it's statements like this one, perhaps, that have prompted one of OptiBoard's most prolific posters to address me on occasion as Rinsel Tinsel. Sounds like ...

NASA selected Silhouette Titan Minimal Art Eyewear for use by Orbiter flight crews.

... a nickname I could have acquired during the days of pickup softball games at the summer playground, which segues nicely into my next act of public confession: I follow Major League Baseball, especially the St. Louis Cardinals and the Boston Red Sox. Born in St. Louis. College near Boston. I've seen the game played in the Seattle KingDome (since demolished), Dodger Stadium, SBC Park and Candlestick Park before that, the Oakland Colosseum, Fenway Park and of course, Busch Stadium. It's two weeks into September of 2004. The Red Sox are looking good for the American League Wild Card slot. The Cardinals have the best record in baseball.

The Detroit Tigers look for al-Sahaf to work out of the bullpen ... has been tough on left-handed hitters ... has a sharp breaking curveball and a very deceptive changeup.

I like capturing photos and other images from the Web and using them in my posts. I have posted more than thirty OpEds and photo essays, including Attitude, You could have seen it coming and The M-16 is a marvelous gun. For the truth about my (fictional) avatar and user profile photos: CLICK HERE. For a brief, inspirational message (courtesy of MGM Studios), turn up the SOUND on your PC or Mac and CLICK on AUDIO TRACK. For a complete "post-ography", CLICK HERE. To select a post from my highlights list, please POINT to one of the post titles (below) and CLICK. Your passport to OptiBoard country starts here!

Flying dinosaurs now thought to be as big as an F-14 Tomcat!
    Anheuser-Busch pulls plug on popular MP3 audio downloads
    RinselWorld
    Real Men of Genius
    Power from the tides
    Problem solved!
    Stepped up "Hearts and Minds" campaign in Afghanistan
    Aerial photograph of some Muslim "holy ground"
    Renewable energy from petroleum?
    Action Figure-gate
    Bert Bin Laden?
    Rumsfeld Rising
    Coming to a U.S. bombsight near you ...?
    Seymour Hersh on national security issues in The New Yorker magazine
    The Blue Max
    Weekend at Bernie's
    Wewelsburg: Castle of Evil
    Rummy onboard
    Beam me up! USAF Teleportation Study
    Talking Heads!
    The bells of Oxford
    Dateline: Fallujah
    The Dynamic Duo
    Hitler's anatomy and a bridge in Thailand
    No "hum bridge" was taken!
    It was one of those old "Viking" funerals ...
    Your Mother wears ARMY boots!
    Deism
    Route 66
    Traffic and weather, together
    MSNBC Countdown anchor Keith Olbermann
    Antimatter
    The Great Karnak
    "Back to the Future"
    Artist's conception
    John Kerry and Jacques "Iraq" in OptiBoard country
    Air Force's dream, Homeland Security's nightmare
    Do not send for whom the bell TOLLS (part two)
    Do not send for whom the bell TOLLS (part one)
    Ah feels yo pain
    Most Wanted Iraqis playing cards: You never count your Iraqis when you're sittin' at the table!
    Deconstruction before reconstruction
    "My shark is better than your shark"
    Shanbaum responds to "Urgent from CENTCOM"
    Urgent from CENTCOM
    On the Sunni Side of the Street
    Half (of) a dozen
    My political compass may be MAGNETICALLY deviated ...
    Like a bridge over troubled water
    Someday this war's gonna end ...
    No plan survives contact with the enemy
    Post after post, with no bitter aftertaste
    Sounds like a PLAN to me!
    I've got the answer!
    Rummy is no dummy

CENTCOM's famous deck of Fifty-Two Most Wanted Iraqis Playing Cards: The King of Clubs is still at large.

Money talks: OpEd from the Wall Street Journal
    Ask a simple question, get a simple answer
    The M-16 is a marvelous gun
    Attitude
    mrba cracks me up!
    Dateline: Najaf
    I never thought I'd ever say "jumped the shark"
    CENTCOM sees all, hears all, knows all
    Fifteen Minutes of Fame
    COALITION JEOPARDY debuts on Armed Forces TV

... knows the difference between a Full House and a Royal Flush.

"The Road to Kandahar" sounds like another of those old Bob Hope movies (The Road to Morocco; The Road to Singapore ...). In reality, it's the first chapter of Jeffrey Kramses's The Rumsfeld Way: A National Bestseller when it hit the bookstores in 2002.

CENTCOM "We want to talk to you"
    Are you ready for some dessert?
    OpEd: The U.N. Way Vs. The Rumsfeld Way
    Over the edge
    Look Who's Talking
    One of us may get tired, but neither of us is likely to WIN!

CENTCOM's top general, Tommy Franks, made a point of referring to the U.N. Oil For Food Program as "Saddam's Oil For PALACES Program."

Jana Lewis on "W": A crack-up!
    Post Script to realpolitik-lite
    realpolitik-lite
    You could have seen it coming
    Minding your "N"s and "Q"s

"George Tenet has some openings coming up: I'm trying to remember what I did with his phone number."

Cut the good doctor some slack!
    Coalition of the Willing signs up replacement for Philippines
    Rumsfeld redux

"Why man, he doth bestride the narrow world like a Colossus." (Excerpt from Rumsfeld redux.)

RX for Victory
    Stockholm Five-0
    A fellow of infinite jest
    optispares reacts to "After seven innings, I'm still pitching a shutout"
    After seven innings, I'm still pitching a shutout
    Protecting OptiBoard from Multiple User Identity Attacks
    Crizal ALIVE!

More rinselberg posts can be found at RadioFreeRinsel and RinselWorld.

al-Sahaf: When the facts are known, the public supports the mission.

Finally, my OptiBoard Poster Signature: Accept no substitutes!
    Last edited by rinselberg; 11-26-2007 at 08:59 PM.

Are you reading more posts and enjoying it less? Make RadioFreeRinsel your next Internet port of call ...

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Rinselberg,

What do you do for a living? You seem to spend endless hours on being disagreeable, eccentric and just plain (insert the word).

I don't understand why you would waste a post with this? I mean just conversation is that conversation. There is nothing to converse about with this.

Buddy, contribute or move along. I understand there are other chat boards and I would be happy to send you links to them.

But, either join in and play accordingly, or move along. I, for one, am getting really tired of your rhetoric!
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Occupation

Attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Hamlin
    Rinselberg,

What do you do for a living? You seem to spend endless hours on OptiBoard being disagreeable, eccentric and just plain (insert the word). I don't understand why you would waste a post with this? I mean "Just Conversation" is just that: CONVERSATION. There is nothing to converse about with this.

Buddy, contribute or move along. I understand there are other chat boards and I would be happy to send you links to them. But either join in and play accordingly, or move along. I, for one, am getting really tired of your rhetoric!
    I don't know if maybe you overlooked the first two sentences at the very top of my post: I went back up there and underlined something that perhaps you didn't see the first time. One of my most recent posts Dateline: Najaf on the "Iran warns US" thread is anything but rhetoric. Have you read it? It's a straightforward response to two previous posts that I thought were "off the wall" or "extreme" or "not very rational". That's my opinion. Obviously the two posters who made the posts that I was responding to would probably look at it the other way around. But it's just a straightforward discussion. Op/Ed: The U.N. Way Vs. The Rumsfeld Way and RealPolitik Lite are also straightforward conversations about the situation in Iraq, not rhetoric. One of us may get tired, but neither of us is likely to WIN!. Anyone mind if I keep beating my favorite horse to death? Political. Single minded. Still not rhetoric. The topic is always the same, but I think I was reasonably attentive to not repeating the exact same material from post to post. Trying to put the spotlight on every different facet of this (complex) situation. I have had quite a number of these conversational Iraq posts going back and forth with Spexvet and Shanbaum and sometimes "chm2023". You could find them by going to my User Profile and clicking on the Find All Posts option.

I think that what you probably mean by "rhetoric" are what I call my "attitude" posts. And there are a number of them. They are the posts that I have just documented in my "post-ography" (which is what you are responding to.) They are plays with darkly comical topics (like Baghdad Bob), photos I have captured on the Internet or graphics like the CENTCOM logo. I had fun making them. Not the kind of thing that appeals to you, apparently. I really doubt that I have any great number more that I would want to make. I think that they are a logical response to a certain moment in time that has already started to recede into the past. Tough times (for the Coalition) in Iraq. I think it will get easier now that they have taken Muqtada al-Sadr down a peg and coaxed his al-Sadr militia out of the mosque. (As I discussed in my "dateline Najaf" post!)

Do you remember the thread a few months back "U.S. planes attack Iraqi wedding party?" I don't think you posted anything in it, but it was VERY WELL DONE as a kind of ONLINE SURREALIST THEATER and DARK COMEDY type of thing. All posters deserve to be congratulated for it! I kept tabs on it as it unfolded (more than 100 posts.) Well it was actually that thread title "U.S. planes attack ..." that pulled me into the Just Conversations forum for the very first time. The kind of thing you'd expect to see moving across the crawl line at the bottom of your CNN (or in my case, MSNBC) television screen. Up until that "planes attack" thread, I was INNOCENT. Had a few optical related posts in the GENERAL forum up to that point since starting about January 2004. My recent "attitude" posts have their origin (to some degree) as a logical reaction to the old "planes attack" thread. I say "logical", because what could be more logical than to respond to an absurdity with yet another absurdity? Works for me!

Look out! Poster "mrba" just zoomed in on this postion in his "Apache". And he's strafing the whole area with rapid cannon fire. Put your head down. I'm glad he's not after me.

I have about ninety posts since January 2004. About thirty went into General Discussions, some just a few days ago, and they are all about optical -- from a layman's viewpoint. You could zoom in on them by doing a SEARCH for posts by "rinselberg" in General ONLY, and then you would filter out all of my Just Convo's. The other sixty or so are all Just Convo's. ALL about Iraq. It's my thing. If I suddenly get into chili recipes or movies (well, you should probably try the new remake of the Manchurian Candidate, ever seen the original 1962 version?) or whatever, I might post. Anyway, Iraq is my thing and of the sixty or so Iraq posts, maybe about twenty are just "attitude" (or rhetoric, as you say) and the other forty "discussion". So there's a (perfectly rational :hammer: ) balance here.

Big news -- maybe. Former DCI James Woolsey is talking about a new direction on the WMD thing. Maybe Saddam had some kind of plan to gin up WMD in a hurry without making big stockpiles. He's calling it the "Just In Time" approach to WMD. I'll keep you all posted if the story goes anywhere. WMD. Now that's one of my THINGS! Chili for you(?), WMD for me.

Oh, NOT to worry. I know my way around the Internet. I can find just about anything you want to name on it, including other bulletin boards. As to why I am here -- well, that is WEIRD. Don't see that full disclosure is mandatory at present time. I think that if you would keep in mind that there are my "attitude" posts AND my more conversational Iraq related posts, then you would be taken less off balance the next time that you see me pop up in the Just Convo forum. Of course, there is always the option of using the OptiBoard software IGNORE poster feature in your User CP.:hammer:

SEE YA!
    Last edited by rinselberg; 08-01-2006 at 12:27 AM.

Are you reading more posts and enjoying it less? Make RadioFreeRinsel your next Internet port of call ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Hamlin
    Rinselberg,
    What do you do for a living? You seem to spend endless hours on being disagreeable, eccentric and just plain (insert the word).
    Are you saying people shouldn't post if you disagree or they are eccentric? By "insert word" are you implying any description will do for Rinslberg?
    I don't understand why you would waste a post with this?
    Don't understand it. Let go.
    Buddy, contribute or move along. I understand there are other chat boards and I would be happy to send you links to them.
    Are you implying Rinselberg has never contributed anything?
    But, either join in and play accordingly, or move along. I, for one, am getting really tired of your rhetoric!
    Then don't read it! No one is forcing anyone to read or respond to anything here... It blows me away that there are those that take offense to the program when they could just as easily change the channel and not be offended. I think it is reasonable for someone to choose what information they consume.
    Given that assumption, am I implying that there are those here that prefer to live in a state of offense? Yes.

Are the facts insensitive by nature? Yes.
    Last edited by mrba; 08-21-2004 at 03:31 AM.

Look out! Poster "mrba" just zoomed in on this postion in his "Apache". And he's strafing the whole area with rapid cannon fire. Put your head down! I'm glad he's not after me!
    :cheers:

Occupation

You're visual in my six o'clock!

Quote Originally Posted by rinselberg
    Look out! Poster "mrba" just zoomed in on this postion in his "Apache". And he's strafing the whole area with rapid cannon fire. Put your head down. I'm glad he's not after me.
    Got a VISUAL on you! (Check my big post, above.) You're in a banking turn and you're looking real good. :cheers:
    Last edited by rinselberg; 08-01-2006 at 12:29 AM.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Cindy: Despite the Kadafi chamo he must be a democrat because he would not answer your straight to the point question: "What do you do for a living?:

Now Risey:

"What do you do for a living?"

Occupation

RadioFreeRinsel

Welcome to RadioFreeRinsel - the current "home page" of OptiBoard member rinselberg.

All rinselberg posts, including this one, are optimized for viewing with the OptiBoard Red forum skin: White text on a red background. An easy way to select this color scheme is to open OptiBoard in a new browser window, select the OptiBoard Red forum skin from the scroll box at the very lower left corner of the window and then refresh this browser window or whatever one you are interested in. If it's an OptiBoard window, it will reappear in OptiBoard Red.

CLICK on the JOKER for 24K "Web gold" - AUDIO tributes to a man called "Bob"

OptiBoard member rinselberg's most recent posts: SELECT any of these post titles.

Winter Olympics: Global warming never seemed a more inviting prospect!"
    Naughty or nice? New "smoking gun" document points finger at Iran for bomb work.
    The highly esteemed United Nations
    Rumsfeld--a dormant volcano erupts!
    New bomb gets new targets
    In the matter of Major Hasan
    More on global climate change
    Mystery photo: Test your "world news" IQ.
    Meet the MOP: The Massive Ordnance Penetrator
    Caribbean memoir
    Does he look like he could even spell "uranium"?
    Heaven holds a place for those who pray..
    "Political correctness" runs amok in Europe
    Beer brewed with 45 million year old yeast strain
    Meet the new boss, same as the old boss ...
    "Curve ball" selected as "best" optical illusion
    "In The Navy".. next Navy Secretary may be gay
    Florida getting its ducks in a row
    Wisdom to start the day
    Double-checking
    Iranian "democracy" in action
    "Extinct" bird found - photographed - and umm, eaten
    "Art" video rubs Swedish authorities the wrong way
    Public Relations Department: Back to the drawing board!
    "ASLSP" organ concert to run for next 631 years
    Tonight we have a really big shoe ...
    The Best Christmas Pageant in America!
    Rock around the clock
    "If I only had a brain.."
    The Spexvet is wise! Amen!
    Axis of Diesel
    Where in the world is Osama bin Laden?
    Large Hadron Rap!
    "Manny Overboard!".. Boston Herald
    McCain: "Bomb, bomb, bomb Iran.."
    Windows PC users--interested in an "ESP" application..?
    NHL: Octopus do's and don'ts..
    The writing is on the wall..
    Does "Manny being Manny" ring a bell with you?
    Bloodstained Gloucester
    Forever blitzed
    A grave theological error
    A toast to St. George's Day
    Bingo! A winner.
    The lamp of Diogenes
    Wind power as you've not seen it before
    World headlines in the "Rinsel" spotlight..
    The Contra Rap
    Terrorism update: al-Qaida's "Geek Squad" second to none
    The science of baseball statistics: 2008
    monocular depth-perception: details emerging
    James Morrison: Waltzing Matilda
    Sympathy For The Devil
    The Piano Has Been Drinking
    Star Eyes
    March 20: One for the money, two for the show..
    Spring equinox Wiccan-style: chocolate bunny meets fondue pot
    "Victory has a thousand fathers.."
    "Lands End"
    "Danny Boy" banned--but not from OptiBoard
    Real Death Star could strike Earth
    Song of the Underground Railroad
    Just when you thought it was safe.. Bush to veto ban on waterboarding
    "a word from our sponsor.."
    Erroll Garner: For Once In My Life..
    War on Terror: Green Energy plus Black Ops?
    ForumGuard: Project for student/hobbyist with PC or Mac
    "I won't play the sap for you.."
    More to Leap Year than you may realize..
    "You may have been up the river, but you've never seen this!"
    A foreign policy epiphany
    No, you may not use smilies
    The Milgram Obedience Experiments and the Nuremberg Trials
    Cephalopods on ice
    Kangaroo court is in session
    I think this speaks for all of us
    The War On Error
    "I was misinformed.."
    OptiBoard: A Changing of the Guard
    Red Sox pitchers and catchers report for spring training 2008
    OptiBoard: A Changing of the Guard
    Divinity or divine inspiration?
    Upping the nuclear ante: Iran tests upgraded centrifuge technology
    The McCain Mutiny
    President Gore
    President Carter: Priceless!
    More than he probably wanted to know
    When the gods grow bored
    Seeing is Believing
    Landser!
    Death and Taxes: "take 2"
    Caveat emptor
    Cordially yours
    "Crude": History Channel trumps Al Gore
    The Last Laugh: Saddam's FBI interrogator interviewed on CBS 60 Minutes
    Caveat emptor
    Repent! 2008 Mustang Bullitt
    Goldilocks and the Three Beers
    It's Miller Time: Bush (43) "dumb like a fox"
    Fun, fun, fun 'til the mullah took their speedboats away ...
    Dream on ... and stay tuned to Air America Radio
    Ron Paul: The outer solar system checks in
    2007 in review: Google Earth causes qibla quibble
    2007 in review: Best takedown of an Islamic extremist
    2007 in review: Best online reads about Benazir Bhutto
    It's just good sound urinal engineering ... or good urinal sound engineering(?)
    Berkeley ... say "hello" to Brattleboro
    Pakistan's "Daughter of Destiny": Benazir Bhutto touched many of us despite her flaws

Find the other posts here ...

More rinselberg posts can be found at RinselWorld and Home Page.
    Last edited by rinselberg; 02-13-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Okay, as far as interesting jobs go, yours has to be one of them. At least it sounds interesting but as you could probably tell technology isn't one of my strongest points.

Occupation

Like a bridge over troubled water

So much bickering here on OptiBoard about our foreign policy ... maybe this will finally get us all on the same page.

Everything you ever wanted or needed to know about Afghanistan and Eye-Rack!

Just give me the bottom line!

https://secure.cnchost.com/troubletown.com/print1.html
    The near zone on your $99 progressives isn't very good, but you can still read the cartoon, frame by frame, by clicking on the URL (place your cursor just above, where it says "https://secure..." and click) and then pointing to the cartoon (the cartoon in the NEW WINDOW) and clicking your mouse button again!

No AUDIO track? Wha'givs here!!
    Last edited by rinselberg; 08-01-2006 at 12:33 AM.

Thread Information