Thread: SunRx S.V. Mirror lenses / comments?

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

SunRx S.V. Mirror lenses / comments?

I was hoping some one had some experience with Vision-Ease's SunRx S.V. Mirror lenses. I'm planning on promoting this product from our Lab. It looks like an excellent product. Poly Polarized, with a mirror coating protected by a very hard coating so the mirror will not peal or scratch off. Any comments would be appreciated. John Z.
    John Zimmerman
    Sales Manager
    Tri-City Optical Laboratory

So does Vision Ease process the lens, the mirror, or both?

Bad address email on file optigoddess's Avatar
    In my experience, it's a very nice lens ...

Rising Star
    Occupation
    It is available to the lab as a Semi finished blank with the mirrors already applied and hard coated. Blue, Silver and Gold mirror colors on a grey polarized poly. The only negetive I can find is it is only available in S.V. John Z.
    John Zimmerman
    Sales Manager
    Tri-City Optical Laboratory

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

So far no complaints

The silver is more of a pewter color, just to warn ya. We sell several of these a week, and have had very little processing issues. I haven't noticed any disctinct changes in color between lots like I did in others. I remember when we tried a non polarized set a few years ago, and it seemed like there were extreme variations in color. I always would have to open up a set and try to match the hues...

It is just as easy as regular poly to process, and I haven't seen any of the mirror coating flake.

Overall, I say it is a decent lens..

Now if only they could expand it to include progressives and a base of brown instead of grey...

Ha s anyone tried the Zeiss Carat Mirror? How does it compare? Also, can you backside AR the Vision ease lens?

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by johntricity
    It is available to the lab as a Semi finished blank with the mirrors already applied and hard coated. Blue, Silver and Gold mirror colors on a grey polarized poly. The only negetive I can find is it is only available in S.V. John Z.
    Hi John! Nice to see you here (we met in Chicago-OSI meeting) Looks pretty good to me-wonder if the mirror really holds up that well. They also have a very handy display for account to use-has all the samples waith power ranges, lens availabilty etc...
    Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We have had sent some out for backside a/r and have had no problems. When a patient requests a mirror, we really try to get them to choose one of these. It is so nice not to have to rely on someone else mirror coating the lenses. Here lately the one lab we have been receiving poor quality from the lab who processes our mirror coats. Often times we have to remake lenses to be tried again. When it begins to seem like at least 75% of the time there has been an "issue" you lose faith and want something you can control.

Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    My only gripe is when surfacing lenses that have a rather large inset; say 8-10 in. The mirror coating seems to be quite offset in some and covers a smaller portion of the lens then the blank size. Basically it's just one more thing to think about. The Blue, Silver(definately Pewter) and Gold are all good looking.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ed: How big the peoples in yo' part da' company dat you has 8 to 10 inch insets?

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubilee
    The silver is more of a pewter color, just to warn ya. We sell several of these a week, and have had very little processing issues. I haven't noticed any disctinct changes in color between lots like I did in others. I remember when we tried a non polarized set a few years ago, and it seemed like there were extreme variations in color. I always would have to open up a set and try to match the hues...
    I remember having the same problem. Sapphires and Violets would have inconsistent mirror color matches.

John, also think about your success with tinting polycarb. Too much of a variation between powers eye to eye can result in one lens with very deep color in the center and another with a racoon affect if it has more minus. You have to tint to match and cross your fingers hoping the pair comes out allright.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thumbs up Polarized Mirror coat / backside AR

Quote Originally Posted by mrba
    Ha s anyone tried the Zeiss Carat Mirror? How does it compare? Also, can you backside AR the Vision ease lens?

I've not typically been a fan of mirror coatings but recently, I've sold several of the Vision Ease Polarized/ mirror with backside AR with positive results, although I have to agree that the Silver is more Pewter. I've not thusfar seen any instance to suggest that this is not a great product for my patients.

Occupation
    We see several of the Sun Rx lenses here at the lab every week and they have all been very nice. Yes, the siver does look more like pewter, but it seems to sell well.

Thread Information