Thread: Political Board?

Political Board?

post your vote!
    Last edited by mrba; 07-20-2004 at 12:03 AM.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Did you mean to have a poll on this?

But if you're asking for a special page for political postings... I think there is too much political BS on an optical web site already. So if you're taking a straw vote, my answer would be NO.
    J. R. Smith

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Political Board? - Joke

Joke

A guy died and went to heaven and met St Peter who told him that things had changed and you now got to select where to spend eternity after visiting for a while.

The guy says great and is immediately sent to hell. The devil greets him and ushers him in. Its a balmiy 72, low humidity. The golf courses are magnificient and the housing is all ocean view waterfront. The people are friendly and there is a country club atmosphere. There is plenty of great food but you don't get fat eating everything you want. Your slim trim and have the body of a 25 year old . There are lots of lovely ladies waiting on you hand and foot. Comfort and atmosphere are the order of the day. All of his friends are there and he really feels welcome.

After spending the day the guy is sent back to heaven and St Peter ask him to decide where he would like to spend eternity.

He says gee I never thought I would say this but I think I would love to go to hell. Immediately he is sent back to hell where he is ushered in but it's 120 in the shade, the humidity is about the same. Bugs and gnats are biting him, he is alone except for some really ugly crazy people who are threatening to lynch him. There are miles and miles of sand and molten lava. Its really horrible, no water, no food, no shelter. Nothing.

The guys ask the devil, what happened since yesterday.

The devil says " yesterday we were campaigning" "today is after you voted".

This is an election year and this is the "just conversation and fun board". What could be more fun that political campaigns and elections.
    There are some really interesting rationals for positions that are being advocated.

If you want an optical boad, go to the optical section, there's no politics there. Well not too much anyway. A few soapboxes with the same themes being repeated over and over but that's their way of trying to influence people to their way of looking at the world.

Rep

Thread Information