Old Tunes on Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Tunes on Youtube

Someone has recently posted some old Savoy Brown songs on youtube.

If you like old blues with massive doses of Kim Simmons' guitar and Bob Hall's wonderful Hammond B-3 organ check these two out;

Lost and Lonely Child

and the title track

Hellbound Train

the live version of Hellbound Train
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

[youtube]7fi-sUOM8io[/youtube]
    ...Just ask me...

Comment

Ah, Yes. I saw them five times in concert. The Close To The Edge tour was fantastic! And Rick Wakeman's first solo record (Six Wives of Henry VIII) compelled me to buy a mini-moog. Of course I was never as good as Rick.
      Watch this, but be sure to have something soft for your jaw to drop off onto.

Here's a demo of the mini-moog.
      DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
      "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

OMG!!! I still have some of their albums (vynal of course). Good music never goes out of style. We had XM for a while and Deep Tracks would play them and Quicksilver Messenger Service once in a while. Takes me back....a little too far back.
        I came, I saw, I left

Comment

Originally posted by kat View Post
          OMG!!! I still have some of their albums (vynal of course). Good music never goes out of style. We had XM for a while and Deep Tracks would play them and Quicksilver Messenger Service once in a while. Takes me back....a little too far back.

I love Quicksilver Messenger Sevice's song, "The Fool". Best example of controlled feedback thanks to John Cippolina's guitar work.
          DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Comment

[youtube]5pteh5hdZlg[/youtube]
            Last edited by Spexvet; 05-11-2010, 01:03 PM.
            ...Just ask me...

Comment

How about Steve Hackett of Genesis?
              DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Comment

For a long time, I thought I stopped liking Genesis when Peter Gabriel left. In hindsight, I stopped liking them when Steve Hackett left. I listen to Voyage of the Acolyte and Please Don't Touch almost every day.
                ...Just ask me...

Comment

Encore! Encore!

Wakeman was the only keyboard men for this. That Moraz dude killed it.

Comment

How about some old Brian Auger's Oblivion Express?

Or new Oblivion Express with his daughter singing and his son on drums.
                    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Comment

How about some old Heep?
                      DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Comment

I was sure I'd discovered every time wasting avenue on the computer. Shows what I know.

Alice's Restaurant (the original):

Comment

Ronnie Dio and the Prophets – Gonna Make it Alone

RIP Dio…
                          Photonics Market
                          laser diode module

Comment

Some complex Gentle Giant.

Can't believe the white Mini-Moog! Mine was walnut wood.
                            Last edited by DragonLensmanWV; 07-30-2010, 05:53 AM.
                            DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Comment

Found a GREAT radio station on the web Woodstock 69 via CBSRadio.com under oldies. Just finished listening to a James Gang, and not the regular tunes, but one of the off tracks! Check it out.
                              I came, I saw, I left

Comment

Working...
                              X