Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis Vision Closes Plainview, NY Laboratory

By Staff
    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 12:27 AMVMail HVHC Inc. as is Visionworks of America, the national retail optical chain. HVHC is part of Highmark, IncVMail

Any insight on the reason why?

Comment

Wow... I didn't know they actually closed the lab. We just got our notice to start sending everything to Tx. I was hoping that a new lab would be better quality and service...sadly no. I have made several requests for more shipping labels and even that is just a bit too much for them. Been waiting for over 8 days. Also got incorrect stuff in already. Axis off. That sort of thing.

Not sure if you experienced this... when I sent back a redo for axis or power being off, I noticed that they were adding a note that rx was within tolerance but they were redoing it as per customer request. (we're talking axis off by 8 on a cyl of 3.00!)

Comment

This is bad...very bad. While I was no fan of the plainview lab the TX lab is the worst lab I have had to use by a large margin.

Comment

nice. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse. Has anyone done the "red envelope" program with Davis?

Comment

Originally posted by mervinek View Post
            nice. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse. Has anyone done the "red envelope" program with Davis?
            What is that?

Comment

The red envelope program was a 90 day program. We were enrolled because our re-do rate was so high (Re-do, meaning they screwed up...not us). So when an order came in incorrect, we filled out these red envelopes, put the order in the envelope and sent it to the lab manager's attention. The manager was supposed to use those mistakes as a learning tool and the re-do rates should then go down. We saw NO decrease in re-do rates during the time we were enrolled. (Shocker) At the end of the 90 days, they sent us an email that said that their re-do rates were drastically reduced and they had met their goal. What a joke!

Comment

The red envelope program was a 90 day program. We were enrolled because our re-do rate was so high (Re-do, meaning they screwed up...not us). So when an order came in incorrect, we filled out these red envelopes, put the order in the envelope and sent it to the lab manager's attention. The manager was supposed to use those mistakes as a learning tool and the re-do rates should then go down. We saw NO decrease in re-do rates during the time we were enrolled. (Shocker) At the end of the 90 days, they sent us an email that said that their re-do rates were drastically reduced and they had met their goal. What a joke!
                How long ago were you in this program? I have never even heard of this.

Comment

A joke indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Sledzinator View Post
                    How long ago were you in this program? I have never even heard of this.
                    Somewhere around a year ago. They called us and asked if we were willing to participate. Told me it was because we sent so many jobs back because of power and axis. In the end, it did nothing. If anything, it made me more frustrated. I hate Davis. I really hate Davis.

Comment

I gave up on their edging years ago. I order everything I possibly can uncut. It's easier to edge on-site than to process all the remakes.
                      I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeHamm View Post
                        I gave up on their edging years ago. I order everything I possibly can uncut. It's easier to edge on-site than to process all the remakes.
                        I wish I could do that. I have an order that is around -13.00 in a magnetic clip. They keep edging the lens with the bevel back and the lens pushed out the front. Clip won't fit. It was originally ordered back in March. Still waiting. At least the patient is understanding and knows that Davis sucks.

Comment

I wish I could do that. I have an order that is around -13.00 in a magnetic clip. They keep edging the lens with the bevel back and the lens pushed out the front. Clip won't fit. It was originally ordered back in March. Still waiting. At least the patient is understanding and knows that Davis sucks.
                          There are a couple of those every year that you can't do a blasted thing about. I feel for you and your patient.
                          I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Comment

The Texas lab is terrible. Shipped 3 frames with the new shipping labels on 05/05/2017 and they claim that the package was just located today 05/17. Almost had to repurchase and resend all 3 frames.

Comment

Originally posted by mcicimov View Post
                              The Texas lab is terrible. Shipped 3 frames with the new shipping labels on 05/05/2017 and they claim that the package was just located today 05/17. Almost had to repurchase and resend all 3 frames.
                              You expected anything good? All the **** from plainview is there!

Comment

Working...
                              X