• Poll Widget

Should Opticians Refract (Votes: 212)

1. Yes (unequivocally, with no supervision or restrictions)- with formal training (Votes: 92)

2. Yes (with no supervision, but with restrictions as to whom can be seen) (Votes: 55)

3. Yes (with supervision) (Votes: 51)

4. No (because there is no need for Opticians to refract) (Votes: 52)

5. No (Opticians are not capable of refracting) (Votes: 12)

• Categories Widget (Show All)

• hcjilson

There is no available content written by hcjilson
  • Recent Forum Posts

tmorse

Incorrect school website address is now...

Incorrect school website address is now corrected... www.bccollegeofoptics.ca

tmorse 01-24-2020, 12:13 AM Go to last post
    ak47

Wiggling grooved rimless lenses

Checking in a new Modo grooved rimless job with very rigid hinges AND very thin temples that twist too easily vertically, causing the string to "jump" out of the groove near the top temporal corner...

ak47 01-23-2020, 07:26 PM Go to last post
    ak47

Could not agree more with Lori regarding RB,...

Could not agree more with Lori regarding RB, Mrchon, Charmant, and Safio. Perplexed how people still rave about Pro desgn.....quality has dropped like a rock in past couple of years.

ak47 01-23-2020, 05:51 PM Go to last post
    charisw

Personally, I would love to be trained to...

Personally, I would love to be trained to refract. And then, of course, have the chance to use it.

My dad recently had a refraction from an ophthalmology tech, and it didn't take me long to...

charisw 01-23-2020, 04:29 PM Go to last post
    charisw

Zeiss leaving Walman has dramatically reduced our...

Zeiss leaving Walman has dramatically reduced our orders for their products. Their own lab's costs are just too high.

Thanks for all this info! It has been confirmed that this is Zeiss' version of...

charisw 01-23-2020, 03:04 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Article Comments Widget

OptiBoard is proudly sponsored by:
Younger Optics and Vision Equipment