• Poll Widget

Should Opticians Refract (Votes: 276)

1. Yes (unequivocally, with no supervision or restrictions)- with formal training (Votes: 122)

2. Yes (with no supervision, but with restrictions as to whom can be seen) (Votes: 66)

3. Yes (with supervision) (Votes: 64)

4. No (because there is no need for Opticians to refract) (Votes: 60)

5. No (Opticians are not capable of refracting) (Votes: 14)

• Categories Widget (Show All)

• grudyfan13

There is no available content written by grudyfan13
  • Recent Forum Posts

Lensman11

Not to be repetitive the cylinder is the value of...

Not to be repetitive the cylinder is the value of the difference of the two Primary powers if you want to say it has power that is fine. If it has a power than it has to have a value plus or minus....

Lensman11 01-17-2021, 01:48 AM Go to last post
    Kwill212

You seem to have answered you own question? I'm...

You seem to have answered you own question? I'm not sure what else I can add. The cylinder power is the difference between the principal meridians, 5 diopters. In this case it's -5.00 because we all...

Kwill212 01-16-2021, 09:36 PM Go to last post
    Kwill212

I'm pretty sure this happened Jan 1 of 2019....

I'm pretty sure this happened Jan 1 of 2019. Zeiss moved all freeform lenses and coatings in house. Why would you even bother trying to get Zeiss lenses if you hate them so much?

Kwill212 01-16-2021, 09:20 PM Go to last post
    Jaketull

WTF is going on with Zeiss?

Iíve talked to three labs that used to be able to get Zeiss and had a fine relationship with them. Now they canít get any of their products. Iíve said it before, and Iíll say it again, I hate Zeiss....

Jaketull 01-16-2021, 08:00 PM Go to last post
    Lensman11

The cylinder represents the difference in power...

The cylinder represents the difference in power between the two principal meridians. When neutralizing the lens in a vertometer you will not find a reading of -5.00 only 0.00 and +5.00 the powers in...

Lensman11 01-16-2021, 07:54 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Article Comments Widget

OptiBoard is proudly sponsored by:
Younger Optics and Vision Equipment