• Poll Widget

Should Opticians Refract (Votes: 297)

1. Yes (unequivocally, with no supervision or restrictions)- with formal training (Votes: 132)

2. Yes (with no supervision, but with restrictions as to whom can be seen) (Votes: 68)

3. Yes (with supervision) (Votes: 68)

4. No (because there is no need for Opticians to refract) (Votes: 65)

5. No (Opticians are not capable of refracting) (Votes: 14)

• Categories Widget (Show All)

• Recent Forum Posts

Uilleann

Selling Maui Jims but then complaining about...

Selling Maui Jims but then complaining about their cost, is kinda like selling Mercedes and doing the same. You brought them in for a reason I expect - they're at the top of what they do. No other...

Uilleann 08-04-2021, 08:49 AM Go to last post
    Optical Roy

As far as safety frame with non safety lens, we...

As far as safety frame with non safety lens, we do it, just explain that they are not ansi certified, how ever we will not put safety lens in a regular ophthalmic.

Optical Roy 08-04-2021, 08:06 AM Go to last post
    Robert_S

Just explain that Maui Jim offer the best or...

Just explain that Maui Jim offer the best or nothing. They are expensive but if you want the best, it is what it is. Then offer cheaper alternatives that you can put any lenses the client wants into....

Robert_S 08-04-2021, 02:37 AM Go to last post
    lonny2

I would like to share my opinion as frame factory...

I would like to share my opinion as frame factory seller. Before making a decision, it's good to know the real needs of our client, the frequency of use. If the old frame is just for some special...

lonny2 08-04-2021, 01:15 AM Go to last post
    KrystleClear

How do you handle Maui Jims?

Just wondering... with collections like Maui Jim, you're supposed to order the prescription lenses through Maui Jim's lab. If you cut lenses with your own lab, it voids the warranty on the frame and...

KrystleClear 08-03-2021, 05:24 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Article Comments Widget