• Poll Widget

Should Opticians Refract (Votes: 270)

1. Yes (unequivocally, with no supervision or restrictions)- with formal training (Votes: 121)

2. Yes (with no supervision, but with restrictions as to whom can be seen) (Votes: 64)

3. Yes (with supervision) (Votes: 63)

4. No (because there is no need for Opticians to refract) (Votes: 58)

5. No (Opticians are not capable of refracting) (Votes: 14)

• Categories Widget (Show All)

• AngeHamm

There is no available content written by AngeHamm
  • Recent Forum Posts

Quince

I inform people that our recommendations are...

I inform people that our recommendations are based on personal trials as well as patient trials. We do not sell products that we are unfamiliar with and are brutally honest about quality.

Yes I...

Quince 11-24-2020, 06:59 PM Go to last post
    Quince

I can't imagine not taping lenses before...

I can't imagine not taping lenses before blocking. Simple soap and water wash after but no hassle. Only problem now is the good stuff cost over $100 a roll! In my mind, it is worth the time saved and...

Quince 11-24-2020, 06:45 PM Go to last post
    Quince

Wrap is definitely something to look further...

Wrap is definitely something to look further into. What curve are the lenses on and if it is a wrap, has it been compensated? For a mild plus RX, it usually isn't a problem but if they have never...

Quince 11-24-2020, 06:24 PM Go to last post
    Quince

The day I call myself a 'salesperson' is the day...

The day I call myself a 'salesperson' is the day I quit.

I recently needed a break from the optical field and let myself dabble in some very uneducated professions. Great for the tired mind, for a...

Quince 11-24-2020, 06:17 PM Go to last post
    Quince

Nasty demos... can't stand it when I have to pop...

Nasty demos... can't stand it when I have to pop demos out because they are warped or marred. It's right up there with the frame being wonky on arrival but I have to eat the cost to make a new demo...

Quince 11-24-2020, 05:59 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Article Comments Widget

OptiBoard is proudly sponsored by:
Younger Optics and Vision Equipment