• Poll Widget

Should Opticians Refract (Votes: 263)

1. Yes (unequivocally, with no supervision or restrictions)- with formal training (Votes: 116)

2. Yes (with no supervision, but with restrictions as to whom can be seen) (Votes: 64)

3. Yes (with supervision) (Votes: 61)

4. No (because there is no need for Opticians to refract) (Votes: 58)

5. No (Opticians are not capable of refracting) (Votes: 14)

• Categories Widget (Show All)

• Robert Martellaro

There is no available content written by Robert Martellaro
  • Recent Forum Posts

Opticia_n

MBS Formula issue

Hello,

I use the minimum blank size formula every day, I add 2 at the end of the formula for margin of error but when tracing the demo lens sometimes the lens won’t cut out and the pd would be...

Opticia_n 09-21-2020, 09:02 PM Go to last post
    PRECISIONLAB

I have but critical measure will be reading...

I have but critical measure will be reading depth. Typically for FT 28 10mm is used. Determine reading gaze based on PRP. For the few I did, 12 to 14 mm was used.

PRECISIONLAB 09-21-2020, 07:44 PM Go to last post
    Alex Camblor

+1 on Santinelli. They seem to be the most...

+1 on Santinelli. They seem to be the most reliable edgers and I've always received good technical support whenever I had an issue.

Alex Camblor 09-21-2020, 07:31 PM Go to last post
    Alex Camblor

Slab-Off Pal

Anyone here ever dispense a Slab-off PAL? Our lab says it can be done on non-digital progressives, I've only done a handful of FT28 w/slab off so I'm not sure what a good traditional progressive...

Alex Camblor 09-21-2020, 07:06 PM Go to last post
    Robert Martellaro

No direct relationship because the software (when...

No direct relationship because the software (when POW capable) corrects for any misalignment of the lens and visual optical axes. The 4mm 'drop' reduces lens thickness by aligning the PRP closer to...

Robert Martellaro 09-21-2020, 06:23 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Article Comments Widget

OptiBoard is proudly sponsored by:
Younger Optics and Vision Equipment