Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chip and Karen I know about those sites but because I have a N.Y. State License and not a N.Y. State ABO license I can not take those credits that are posted in your posts, but thank you for your input. N.Y is pretty stricky on those credits. I have even talked to a number of people who have been audited to see if they had the credits and I believe whether they were legit or not.
    Last edited by jediron1; 06-10-2005, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Computer Vision Syndrome CE

Found this link at Prio Corp.

It provides 2 credits.

http://www.prio.com/abo/Prioindex.html

Comment

Originally posted by jediron1
        Chip and Karen I know about those sites but because I have a N.Y. State License and not a N.Y. State ABO license I can not take those credits that are posted in your posts, but thank you for your input. N.Y is pretty stricked on those credits I have even talked to a number of people who have been audited to see if they had the credits and I believe whether they were legit or not.
        Quantum Optical: http://www.quantumoptical.com/ has NY approved CEs available.
        ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Comment

Found some online courses for the OD's

http://www.worldwidelearn.com/contin...etrist-cme.htm

Comment

I just saw this posted on the general discussion board - it looks like there's a a few different sites that weren't listed previously.

Enjoy !!

ckcctk
            07-24-2000 04:15 PMHas anyone received ABO credits via the internet? I read about Sola offering 2 credits free @ www.Sola.com, but are there any other sights?

chip anderson07-24-2000 08:22 PMDon't know about the internet, probably can do though ABO. I know that you can get more credits than you can stand through the mail with NCLE and ABO. Can get them almost over night at the last minite with a fax machine. Been there done that a year or two ago.

Also lots of trade publications will have same if you just take a quiz and send it in after reading article (article will give all the answers if you read it).

Mike Hunt07-25-2000 09:55 PMThere are a couple of Internet sites that give ABO credits. I took a couple of online courses at a site; www.onlinecec.com and it was fast and easy. There is also opticaltraining.com that looks ok too. Check it out and see what you think, I highly recommend onlinecec.com

hcjilson07-26-2000 12:21 PMThe current issue of Vision Monday says that Sola is offering CE's on their web site.Haven't been there yet but check it out!
            best of luck hcj

Gerry07-26-2000 10:22 PMwww.opticaltraining.com offers a large selection of ABO/NCLE approved courses online. And your can earn your credits for as little as $11.50 each. It might be worth a visit.

Phernell Walker02-18-2006 06:10 AMQuality ABO CEC's On-Line

You can also get ABO CEC's on line at www.opticredits.com
            or www.abocredits.com They offer advanced ABO CEC's as well as regular ABOC CEC's, for $9.95 with no minimum purchase, and new courses added monthly. It's also FREE to sign up. Check it out.

Comment

You can also visit www.ophthalmic.hyperguides.com since they offer some great tutorials and online lectures. Very interesting stuff.:o

Comment

VisionWeb

Originally posted by Cindy Hamlin View Post
                Registration for Vision Web is free until March 2004 (it was extended) and here is the link to the CEs which you can only use after you have registered:

http://www.visionweb.com/ce/ce_opticians.jsp
                Just wanted to update that registration on VisionWeb is free and will always be free!

Comment

Florida Approved and Online at www.pofCE.org

The following courses are approved for Florida CE Credit and are available online at www.pofCE.org

All courses are FREE to members of the Professional Opticians of Florida and are available to non-members for a nominal charge.
                  Dispensing Photochromic Lenses
                  Instructor: Laurie Pierce, LDO, ABOM

New Active Progressive Lens Wearers: Understanding Technologies and Fitting Techniques

Optical Solutions for Computer Vision Syndrome
                  Instructor: Debra R. White, MSEd, ABOM, FCLSA

Understanding & Explaining Astigmatism
                  Instructor: R. Joe Simmons, LDO, ABOM

Sunwear and Polarized Lenses
                  Instructor: David Rips, Younger Optics

Reduction of Medical Errors

HIV/AIDS Issues in the Optical Professional
                  Instructor: Professional Opticians of Florida, Staff
                  These courses are written and reviewed by professional optical educators and non-members fee support the state association's education efforts.

Check it out at www.pofCE.org

Comment

ncle cec

anyone have current info for free ncle continuing educational credits?
                    great thread, thought it was worth reviven.

Comment

Go to the clsa.com, click CLSA University. If you are a CLSA member they have hundreds of on-line CEC courses available. If not a CLSA member, still available at small fee. Other courses for small charges available at CLSA University for a fee to members and non-members, but there are plenty for members at no charge.

Chip

Comment

i have been looking for you for seven years and stader

lloyd

Comment

Has anyone used opticalcredits.com for CECs?

1-2 hr. courses for $9.95 or $19.95. A few of the topics look promising.

I was curious if anyone has used this website before. It says they notify ABO on your behalf when you pass a course.

Anyone familiar with the site?

Comment

I am not familar with the site. I would not spend that for an online course, unless I knew the writer, or the site owner. There are so many free ce's out there, that I wouldn't bother with the unknown!

Comment

Originally posted by Fezz View Post
                              I am not familar with the site. I would not spend that for an online course, unless I knew the writer, or the site owner. There are so many free ce's out there, that I wouldn't bother with the unknown!

Where are the free CEs? 2020mag charges $15 for theirs and other sites I've found charge $18.

Comment

Originally posted by Quantrill View Post
                                Where are the free CEs? 2020mag charges $15 for theirs and other sites I've found charge $18.
                                Here is a start!

You can thank me by buying me a few rounds if our paths ever cross!

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
                                Last edited by Fezz; 10-20-2009, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X