Varilux Liberty 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Varilux Liberty 3.0

Our Essilor rep came in and let us know of a new lens they have, a progressive lens for the emerging presbyope, Libery 3.0. It only comes with an add up to +1.50 and it is a K level progressive lens. They said it has "path optimizer technology" to give your patient a wider zone in the reading area. Which led me to ask the rep if you limited any progressive lens to +1.50 add you are going to have a wider reading area with less distortion right?

My guess is it's just a super soft progressive design that allows for more 20/happy vision in the near zone because of the lower adds. What more can you expect from a K level?

anyone use those??) This Varilux lens will give them a new product launch with a branded marketable name in the low-cost space, and a way to hook a younger and more price-conscious demographic into the Varilux name.

And if you're a real Essilor cynic, you'd be forgiven for thinking it might just be a rebranded Ideal...

I can't find any substantial difference between these sales aids.

Ideal: https://info.icarelabs.com/hubfs/Ess...20Brochure.pdf
    Liberty 3.0: https://ecp.essilor.co.uk/products/l...ux-liberty-3-0
    www.DanielLivingston.com

Comment

Originally posted by NAICITPO View Post
      Our Essilor rep came in and let us know of a new lens they have, a progressive lens for the emerging presbyope, Libery 3.0. It only comes with an add up to +1.50 and it is a K level progressive lens. They said it has "path optimizer technology" to give your patient a wider zone in the reading area. Which led me to ask the rep if you limited any progressive lens to +1.50 add you are going to have a wider reading area with less distortion right?

My guess is it's just a super soft progressive design that allows for more 20/happy vision in the near zone because of the lower adds. What more can you expect from a K level?
      Just more marketing mumbo jumbo. Low adds always are softer than high adds, regardless of design.
      I bend light. That is what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by lensmanmd View Post
        Just more marketing mumbo jumbo. Low adds always are softer than high adds, regardless of design.
        My favorite name for those is the Shamir "My First PAL"

Comment

Originally posted by DanLiv View Post
          And if you're a real Essilor cynic, you'd be forgiven for thinking it might just be a rebranded Ideal...

I can't find any substantial difference between these sales aids.

Ideal: https://info.icarelabs.com/hubfs/Ess...20Brochure.pdf
          Liberty 3.0: https://ecp.essilor.co.uk/products/l...ux-liberty-3-0
          Though the marketing for both lenses sounds the same, I was just informed by my Essilor rep that the Liberty 3.0 is a new design, different from the Ideal, and that in keeping with the Varilux idea of superior performance it is a dual-add front and back digital design, not the spherical front surface full backside like the Ideal.
          www.DanielLivingston.com

Comment

Originally posted by DanLiv View Post
            Though the marketing for both lenses sounds the same, I was just informed by my Essilor rep that the Liberty 3.0 is a new design, different from the Ideal, and that in keeping with the Varilux idea of superior performance it is a dual-add front and back digital design, not the spherical front surface full backside like the Ideal.
            Some good info, thank you. Was kind of what I was looking for when I talked to our rep.

Comment

Good thread. Just got the rep's presentation.

It's a valid idea...training wheels PALs for less, since it's tough to screw up a +0.75 add.

I endorse the idea of getting people into PALs soon as possible, and one less hurdle is nice.

I especially like the reduced power offering.

I wouldn't consider it over a +0.75 add, though, so...

Comment

Working...
              X