Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vision Membership Plans For Independent Practice ((Please Read))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vision Membership Plans For Independent Practice ((Please Read))

​Hello Everyone,

I wanted to share something with everyone that I have used in my practice and have seen some incredible success with and would go as far as to say this is a gamechanger. I am an independent doctor that has been in practice for over 30 years. Over my career I have seen first hand the ups and downs of accepting vision insurance and have tried almost everything to increase revenue for insurance patients. I have had the same frustrations that most independent doctors have when it comes to low reimbursement and more recently having to almost compete with these companies to get in-office optical sales.

I found DirectOD over a year ago and wanted to test out there platform and see what a 'Vision Membership Plan' can really do for my practice. With DirectOD they created the path for me to create 'plans' that I wanted to offer my patients and I even was able to select the monthly pricing on these plans. They took care of everything for me and the only thing I had to do was speak with the patients that I saw. DirectOD sends me a check every month for all the monthly recurring revenue from my patients and I couldn't be happier. I have seen a significant uptick in patient retention and I have been able to build better relationships with these patients by having them directly on my plan. Over 20% of our patients that we offer this to enroll which adds up very quickly!

I highly suggest independent practices at any stage should look into this because it is the best piece of technology and alternative to vision insurance that I have had in my practice over the course of my career.

Here is the link to their website please check them out!

DirectOD.com

Why would a patient, that already has a vision plan through their employer sign up for this?

Comment

In regards to large companies and corporation in the area that have plans their employees can opt-in for those employees are still fundamentally paying for that coverage. Our current plan is a lot more comprehensive and we explain that to those patients and have had a few patients that have vision insurance through their employer drop their current coverage. But it greatly depends on the situation. That is not specifically our target.

We have been able to go to small businesses in the area and work with them as well to give their employees an option which has been great!

Our main target demographic with patients would be individual patient plans or no insurance at all - We easily covert patients that are on individual plans and we attempt to target patients without insurance that are susceptible to Rx walkouts which fundamentally keeps that business within our walls.

We aim to have 10-20% of patients we see a year sign up which results in a consistent $2,500-$5,000 in monthly revenue simply from our plan and our goal is to grow this to $10,000-$20,000 a month in recurring revenue. With DirectOD even if that patient signs up with us and doesn't come back in we are still getting paid monthly.

Comment

Working...
      X