Lenscrafters "House Brand" PAL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenscrafters "House Brand" PAL?

just had an rx check, previous PAL is from Lenscrafters. The markings were partially cut off nasally, all I could tell was a square box like Gradal RD on his old ones. so, new glasses are GT2, but he's not doing well with them. called LC and all they could tell us is its the "House Brand" PAL. does anyone know which PAL this would be? thanks!
    Last edited by kjreha; 06-03-2010, 09:35 AM. Reason: oops, the new lenses are GT2, not Gradal Top

I can't confirm what lens it is, but here is a great resource by one of our very own Optiboarders:

The Zeiss Gradal RD is a task specific, or computer type progressive lens. I doubt that is what he has.

I don't think that LC dispenses Zeiss lenses. Although in this day and age............anything is possible!

Comment

Laramy-K also has a progressive ID tool!

(Scroll down page)

They are fellow Optiboarders as well!

Comment

IMO Essilor Super No-line.....
        Eyes wide open

Comment

uncut, you know that LC uses this? or is based on my describing the markings?

Comment

Originally posted by kjreha View Post
            uncut, you know that LC uses this? or is based on my describing the markings?
            I am basing my opinion on the marking description. Very few lenses use the square as opposed to the circles. Zeiss is one but usually has a stylized z inside the squares.

There should be a #5 in the temporal square in a Gradal RD. Nasal square is blank.

Super no-line has an S below the nasal square about the same distance below that the add power is scribed under the temporal square.
            Eyes wide open

Comment

Another obscure one is the Vision-Ease Illumina if it is polycarb. That one has an italisized V under and close to the nasal square, and would be seen even if only part of the nasal square is there.
              Eyes wide open

Comment

the lenscrafters lenses go as follows, for poly at least:
                base: solamax
                mid: ovation
                best accolade
                short:i think sola compact.

i'm not sure about their 'transitions'

if the lens has ar, their best is a piccolo. hope this helps

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's an Illumina.

Comment

Wow! There's another thread starting about "house lenses". As an idependent, reading this thread, my thoughts went back to the numerous phonecalls I have received from chain employees regarding product they carry. The lack of information about product astounds me, and it seems that they are "kept in the dark" deliberately.
                    Eyes wide open

Comment

Lux PALs

In Aussie, They stock, Ovation, Natural, Accolade, Accolade freedom, ideal. After hearing what specsavrs were doing with their lenses, I was horrified so I made many inquiries and checked all the lenses I could find. Over here thy are not swapping designs around... don't know about the rest of the world though.

Comment

Hey Yellow, what is your take on the ideal lens? Had any issues with it?

Comment

Ideal

Haven't got it yet, due in the next few days, will let you know when we have a few pxs try it

Comment

Originally posted by IC-UC View Post
                            Hey Yellow, what is your take on the ideal lens? Had any issues with it?
                            Here's some opinions on the Ideal: http://www.optiboard.com/forums/show...-Essilor-Ideal

Except from the Essilor sales reps, I really haven't heard much at all about the lens, and what little I have heard has not been very complimentary. I'll be curious to hear the patient responses.

As for LC, what lens they sub in for their house brand will depend on geographic loacation and what lens they got the best deal on that week. They were just introducing their MVP (Maximum View Progressive) when I left them. At the time it was either the Natural, Ovation, or Visuality depending on material.
                            There are rules. Knowing those are easy. There are exceptions to the rules. Knowing those are easy. Knowing when to use them is slightly less easy. There are exceptions to the exceptions. Knowing those is a little more tricky, and know when to use those is even more so. Our industry is FULL of all of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by optilady1 View Post
                              the lenscrafters lenses go as follows, for poly at least:
                              base: solamax
                              mid: ovation
                              best accolade
                              short:i think sola compact.

i'm not sure about their 'transitions'

if the lens has ar, their best is a piccolo. hope this helps
                              exactly. I know the top transition is an Accolade as well.

More than likely you are looking at an Ovation; however did you check the markings? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X