Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MEI Racer 4TBA Operations

Hi all,

I am working in a edging lab which is having MEI Racer 4 TBA and Bi-sphera Machine.

I need some help as I am facing Sizing and slippage issue in lens.

If anyone here is having any exposure to these machine, I would be thankful to discuss these issue and get some insights.

Please feel free to reach out.

Thanks

I think I understand that your problem is the AR treated lenses that "move" when the tool enters for cutting.
    There can be many reasons:
    1 AR with a final layer that was too slippery - in some cases we had to modify the structure of the AR to be able to make the cuts
    2 The vacuum that the lens holds is not enough
    3 the rubber that holds the lens is damaged (MEI has different types depending on the type of lens you mainly use)
    4 the pressure exerted between the CX and CC rubbers is not enough (or too much) you can adjust the value in the program

let us know

Comment

Consider changing your process. Hardcoat edge then AR. You will save lots of money by making this change. If you spoil a lens in edging you avoid the cost of AR and you will get more lenses in the chamber if they are edged.

Comment

Hey, Thanks for the input Mauro.Airoldi.

Can you Please provide some input on these point:

Regarding point No.2, is there any way to check in real time in machine to check the Vacuum/Pressure.
        Point 3, I have check and clean frequently the rubber on to which the lens is clamped, I don't think there is problem with the rubber.
        point 4, Where is the pressure value setting in machine ? how to check value and change it.

looking forward for your response.
        Last edited by deepak_94; 09-09-2023, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Oh Wish I could do that, Changing the process might be a little since we are doing mass production, So have to find a way around in current process only

Comment

As a Bisphera user, I suggest you change the cutting tools more frequently ( better after 8000~10000 cuts ).

Comment

Originally posted by deepak_94 View Post
              Hey, Thanks for the input Mauro.Airoldi.

Can you Please provide some input on these point:

Regarding point No.2, is there any way to check in real time in machine to check the Vacuum/Pressure.
              Point 3, I have check and clean frequently the rubber on to which the lens is clamped, I don't think there is problem with the rubber.
              point 4, Where is the pressure value setting in machine ? how to check value and change it.

looking forward for your response.

point 2 you have to check with MEI assistance, I remember that you could read a value somewhere.
              point 3 must still be replaced and there are at least 3/4 different types
              point 4 you also have to check with MEI, in our system different pressures (decided by tables) are used depending on the slipperiness of the AR and the material of the lens

Comment

Working...
              X