Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unprecedented rare case of eye-correction intolerance.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unprecedented rare case of eye-correction intolerance.

Sounds to me like a severe case of adaptation issues. You've gone over a decade needing correction and not having it, your brain is used to a certain way of seeing the world. You have now introduced correction and your brain is now struggling to accept the change of effort it has to do. You are asking it to do less, and that's throwing it.

As for the other sensory issues, I've not heard that before but I would hazard that the change to your vision is throwing off the rest of your senses. I would suggest persevering for as long as you can. The more you use the specs/lenses, the easier it will be for your brain to adapt.

drk in the post below is correct, if the full prescription is still throwing you off, build up to it bit at a time. It can ease the brain into accepting the lens.
    Last edited by Loki; 06-09-2023, 04:31 AM.

Comment

The only advice I have for you is to titrate. In concert with your doctor, start with a quarter diopter a month and build up. Use contacts.

Comment

Please note that as per the forum rules which you agreed to when registering, this forum is for eyecare professionals only. Please contact a qualified eyecare professional for any further questions or help you may require.

OptiBoard Administrator
        ----
        OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Comment

Working...
        X