No announcement yet.

How not to be a good optician.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is not recommended to use 1.74 lenses in metal grooves or rimless frames as they are prone to chipping easily.

Comment

Originally posted by iD View Post
      I always tell pts what type of frames to stay away from when I see there prescription before they think they can have any candy from the candy store.
      Yup. I'll tell them "I don't want you to fall in love with a frame that won't work with your vision."
      I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie.D View Post
        It is not recommended to use 1.74 lenses in metal grooves or rimless frames as they are prone to chipping easily.
        Some labs flatly refuse to drill 1.74. I have four pairs of drilled 1.74 and I've never had a problem. But of course I don't wear them all the time and I know to baby them.

Comment

Originally posted by CME4SPECS View Post
          I have no problem saying no. I've had my share of people walk because I have refused to do something, I don't feel is going to work. I have always said, "If you have problems, I have problems, and I don't like problems!"
          edit- ...I know is not going to work.

And every month or two I make the sale anyway and watch it come back to bite me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AngeHamm View Post
            Yup. I'll tell them "I don't want you to fall in love with a frame that won't work with your vision."
            Great line

Originally posted by Uncle Fester View Post
            edit- ...I know is not going to work.

And every month or two I make the sale anyway and watch it come back to bite me!!!
            I do the same every once in awhile and I always kick myself when it happens.

Comment

I picked up "Style-prescription mismatch" from some astute person on here.

Comment

Originally posted by drk View Post
                I picked up "Style-prescription mismatch" from some astute person on here.
                That's good!

Comment

Working...
                X