• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kdw613
    replied
    Ty

Originally posted by optical24/7 View Post
    Kudos to you Kevin. Thank you for helping our elderly, and you certainly should be compensated for it!
    Thanks! First appointments are next week!

Leave a comment:

• optical24/7
    replied
    Kudos to you Kevin. Thank you for helping our elderly, and you certainly should be compensated for it!

Leave a comment:

• jiicken
    replied
    If you're adjusting then there's always Z46.0 but it seems like you've got it figured out. Fingers are crossed for you!

Leave a comment:

• kdw613
    replied
    YES! I am neutralizing glasses and creating an "Intake" form for the Nursing home/facilities. I discovered that I must first do an Initial visit and follow-up visits are then billed as "subsequent" visits. This has become a MAJOR concern for facilities as they are responsible (Misappropriation of Property) for any items (clothes, shoes, hearing aids, glasses, etc) that are lost; while someone is in their care. In addition, I tag the frames to limit loss and do any needed repairs an adjustments, so that they won't have to leave the facility with a residents property. Nice to finally utilize my years of experience (and tools/equipment) towards something that is appreciated!

I DID find the appropriate codes to bill! They were verified by the State of Ohio Medicaid Department. Proof will be when payment comes in!

Leave a comment:

• Elvis Is Alive
    replied
    When you say that you are reading and documenting eyeglasses, I assume you are doing neutralizations in a lensometer and them recording the eyeglass power in their medical record.

Easiest way to is to file a claim and see if you receive a check. The Z97.3 seems more appropriate if you are doing neutralizations.

Leave a comment:

• kdw613
    started a topic Billing Question: Nursing Homes

Billing Question: Nursing Homes

Fellow Opticians,

Need some help with this one...

I am providing a service to nursing homes (99304 & 99308). I am reading and documenting eyeglasses to make them apart of the medical record. The Home I work with encouraged me to get Medicaid certified as a provider, so that I could bill for my services. I am certified in Ohio as a Medicaid provider and was directed by a representative to use these service codes to bill at Nursing Homes and Assisted Living facilities.

THE $164,000 QUESTION is: what diagnosis code can I use to bill and get paid? I found these codes: Z97.3 & Z02.2. Are they ones to use... or are there other more appropriate codes? The answer to that question opens the door to Medicare and other insurances.

Thanks

Kevin W.

Working...
X