Advanced Certification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced Certification

I know congratulations are rolling around for the recent exams, but I thought those who achieved a higher bar should get their own thread.

Heartfelt congratulations to DC Optix and the rest of those here who recently became Advanced-Certified. tell us who you are!

I recently talked to Curt Duff of the ABO. He told me that only 139 people have passed the AC....EVER! If you've done it, you're in an elite crowd since there are over 80k opticians in America!

Comment

Keep in mind that's the advanced exam in its current incarnation. Prior to that, it was the Master exam with a different format. There are nearly 400 master opticians (I am # 385) and all of them have passed some form of the exam. Also, don't forget about all of the NCLE-AC holders...
      All in all, its still a pretty small percentage of the total number of opticians, something close to a half a percent.

Comment

Thanks Y'all! Now on to writing...

Comment

Congrats DC Optix! Good job.

Comment

Congratulations!

Best regards,
            Darryl
            Darryl J. Meister, ABOM

Comment

Way to GOOOO!! :cheers: Now write that paper and join a really elite group!
              Lee Prewitt, ABOM
              Independent Sales Representative
              AIT Industries
              224 W. James St.
              Bensenville, IL 60106
              Cell : (425) 241-1689
              Phone: (800) 729-1959, Ext 137
              Direct: (630) 274-6136
              Fax: (630) 595-1006
              www.aitindustries.com
              leep@aitindustries.com

More Than A Patternless Edger Company

Comment

Great job.......congratulations!

Comment

What exactly is the difference between the ABO Masters and the ABO advanced exam?

Comment

In order to become an ABOM, you must 1st pass the ABO Advanced exam. Then you have to write a paper to obtain ABOM status. It used to be all one step from ABO to ABOM, then they decided that passing the exam was worthy of it's own designation, thus the ABO-AC.

Comment

Keep in mind not all papers are accepted by the Masters committee. They are evaluated on merit, accuracy, content and format. Many/most are sent back at least once.

Comment

Originally posted by wss2020 View Post
                        Keep in mind not all papers are accepted by the Masters committee. They are evaluated on merit, accuracy, content and format. Many/most are sent back at least once.
                        Wes,
                        That is entirely correct, and the committee that reviews these papers demand a certain amount of rigor. If I am correct, Randy Smith from Baker College is the chair of the review committee and he does an excellent job. The papers must meet the criteria specified in the instructions. In the past they were not as good as the current crop.

Comment

Originally posted by wss2020 View Post

Exactly...I didn't mean to imply that "all you have to do is write a paper". I was just going for the easy explanation :)

Comment

And hey, Dr. Mac - I will be drawing heavily upon the "writing" knowledge obtained under your tutelage during our time together @ Florence-Darlington!

Comment

Working...
                            X