Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello again!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello again!

    Hey all,

    I owe a lot to Optiboard and missed y'all while I was on sabbatical. The sabbatical went a little long having gotten married and having a kid in South America right before the pandemic hit. Lots of pisco sours, diaper changes, Peruvian presidents, and one spousal green card later, my hands got soft and my knuckles are rusty... But I'm back in stateside eye care clearing the cobwebs. (No doubt y'all will help me with that!) :P I'm dispensing Zeiss now, which is a new frontier for me--y'all with experience there please whip me into shape.

    Looking forward to catching up!

    Hayde

  • #2
    Originally posted by Hayde View Post
    Hey all,

    I owe a lot to Optiboard and missed y'all while I was on sabbatical. The sabbatical went a little long having gotten married and having a kid in South America right before the pandemic hit. Lots of pisco sours, diaper changes, Peruvian presidents, and one spousal green card later, my hands got soft and my knuckles are rusty... But I'm back in stateside eye care clearing the cobwebs. (No doubt y'all will help me with that!) :P I'm dispensing Zeiss now, which is a new frontier for me--y'all with experience there please whip me into shape.

    Looking forward to catching up!

    Hayde
    Zeiss has re-branded their entire lens portfolio twice in the past several years, so getting you caught up may be a challenge. I don't even know where to begin with their lenses now.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

    Comment


    • #3
      Welcome back Hayde and congrats on the marriage and kid.

      Comment


      • #4
        AMERICA needs HAYDE!

        Comment


        • #5
          ZEISS has a full portfolio with 2 free form SV, 1 anti-fatigue and 4 progressives called SmartLife. The names will sound familiar as we kept the names, but it is not re-branded designs.

          SmartLife Portfolio:

          SmartLife Individual SV
          SmartLife SV
          SmartLife Digital Lens(0.50 - 1.25 add)
          SmartLife Progressive Individual(fixed and variable options)
          SmartLife Progressive Superb
          SmartLife Progressive Plus
          SmartLife Progressive Pure(fixed and variable options)

          Light Progressive Portfolio:

          Light Vx(Variable)
          Light Hx(Fixed)
          Light Dx(fixed)

          For free form designed stock or SV we have ClearView

          Happy to discuss further if you reach out to brent.mccardle@zeiss.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by optical24/7 View Post
            Welcome back Hayde and congrats on the marriage and kid.
            Thanks! Great to see you again! Well, at least your moniker! :D

            Originally posted by drk View Post
            AMERICA needs HAYDE!
            Not so sure about that, but I'll try to make myself useful. America has two new lovely ladies out of the deal--so it's definitely a net win for the patriots! Great to see you, Doc.

            Originally posted by lensgrinder View Post
            ZEISS has a full portfolio with 2 free form SV, 1 anti-fatigue and 4 progressives called SmartLife. The names will sound familiar as we kept the names, but it is not re-branded designs.

            SmartLife Portfolio:

            SmartLife Individual SV
            SmartLife SV
            SmartLife Digital Lens(0.50 - 1.25 add)
            SmartLife Progressive Individual(fixed and variable options)
            SmartLife Progressive Superb
            SmartLife Progressive Plus
            SmartLife Progressive Pure(fixed and variable options)

            Light Progressive Portfolio:

            Light Vx(Variable)
            Light Hx(Fixed)
            Light Dx(fixed)

            For free form designed stock or SV we have ClearView

            Happy to discuss further if you reach out to brent.mccardle@zeiss.com
            Thank you, Brent! Lizette gave me a crash course recently and is loading me up with white papers. She said she'd be passing some of my questions up the chain to you, but after talking you up for a couple of minutes it occurred to me we were already sorta-acquainted! ("Oh....THAT Brent!") You can be sure I'll be peppering your email, thank you so much for the generosity.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hayde View Post
              Hey all,

              The sabbatical went a little long having gotten married and having a kid in South America right before the pandemic hit. Lots of pisco sours, diaper changes, Peruvian presidents, and one spousal green card later, my hands got soft and my knuckles are rusty...
              Lima? A friend told me a while ago they have the best food in Latin America.

              Welcome back,

              Robert Martellaro
              Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

              Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.


              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Robert Martellaro View Post
                Lima? A friend told me a while ago they have the best food in Latin America.

                Welcome back,

                Robert Martellaro
                Hey Robert! Thank you, sir! Good to see you!

                Yep, it's easy to find great food in Lima. Peru has over 3000 species of potato, and so it is impossible to find any dish not served with some form of potato on it. I may never eat potatoes again, but the eating is terrific inside Lima and out. (I do recommend going some other time than a global pandemic!)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hayde View Post
                  Peru has over 3000 species of potato, and so it is impossible to find any dish not served with some form of potato on it. I may never eat potatoes again...
                  Look what they did to the Irish.

                  Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

                  Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Robert Martellaro View Post
                    Look what they did to the Irish.

                    BWAHAHAHA!!! I haven't seen this in ages! Brings back flashbacks of decades playing Irish uilleann bagpipes! *shudder*

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Robert Martellaro View Post
                      Look what they did to the Irish.

                      :giggle: I cover Sean Connery's song in "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" for my girls (...gotta substitute 'Venezuelan' for 'Irish,' tho...)
                      Originally posted by Uilleann View Post
                      BWAHAHAHA!!! I haven't seen this in ages! Brings back flashbacks of decades playing Irish uilleann bagpipes! *shudder*
                      Ticketmaster will be chomping at the bit for the reunion tour! Good to see you, Uilleann!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X