New Tunes on Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tunes on Youtube

As a child of the 60s and 70s, I have enjoyed the Old Tunes on Youtube thread started by DragonLensmanWV. But my taste in music does not stop with the music I grew up with. So I thought I'd start one highlighting newer music and bands. The first video is an infectious song by The Black Keys called 'Lonely Boy':

I highly recommend the album this song appears in - 'El Camino'. There is not a weak or bad song on it.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Pwrsonally, I go for some John Butler

Hmm, what am I doing wrong, can't seem to get the player to show up...
    Last edited by Wes; 01-17-2012, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Grrr

Comment

Originally posted by Wes View Post
        Grrr
        qiuck reply tool bar = 2nd to last icon=insert video!

Comment

New music from Janes's Addiction!

Jane's Addiction = Underground!

Comment

Comment

There were two periods in time, in the history of western music, that were notable for composition and/or performance- the classical era, primarily the German composers from the mid 18th to early 19th century, and the Jazz era and its sub-genres (and its influence on R&B, R&R etc.) from the early to mid 20th century.

Who knows when the next music explosion will occur, and how long the present drought will continue, but I doubt it will be in my lifetime. My opinion is not based on the fact that I experienced the last part of the second era, hence the music of my youth so to speak, but as a lifelong musician, instructed by child prodigy and big band guitarist Bill Crump, a 30+ year performing career starting at age 12, and by my love of music in general.

I'll only post two pieces in this thread, suggesting how high the bar should be placed, and keep one eye open for everyone's contribution, enjoying the heck out of what you have to offer, that might be so powerful that it will bring tears to my eyes.

Wes,

I'm guessing you might enjoy this after listening to the guitarist above. Note the chin move at the end- not just flash- he just ran out of hands!

For all-

I've been following Stephanie Trick for about two years now. She wasn't able to play at this level one year ago.

Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Comment

DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
                "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

Local group, if you could call two girls a "group."

Comment

My hubby introduced me to Here Come the Mummies after hearing them on Bob & Tom. Must say that I have become a huge fan ever since. Love the grooves they put out, and the musicianship! One hell of a live show too!
                    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Comment

And if you are a person who likes to blend the old with the new, I really suggest the site http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/welcome.html. It features Daryl Hall from Hall and Oates fame bringing assorted guests to his home to talk, cook and most importantly..make music together! Usually they will play a couple of classic Hall & Oates songs, some of the guests songs, and sometimes they will do oldies but goodies. Speaking of which.. here is what is now my favorite version of Heard It Through The Grapevine

"Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Comment

Not exactly brand new but it's wicked. And weird. There's more of his guy's stuff on a trucker documentary called Big Rig. And a bonus for you Canadians on the board- Buck 65 is from Mount Uniacke.

Comment

Here's a 'feel good' song from Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros:

OptiBoard Administrator
                          ----
                          OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Comment

This is different.

Comment

OK, again NOT NEW but I'll bet this is new to anyone reading this thread. I listen to it whenever I'm out of coffee and need a jolt.

Comment

Working...
                              X