Clear All

• Robert Martellaro
    replied
    Jose Feliciano - Rain 1982

Leave a comment:

• Robert Martellaro
    replied
    Ringo Starr - Honey Don't 1985

With writer Carl Perkins. Starkey sang this on the Beatles For Sale album in 1964.

Perkins in 1956.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Martellaro
    replied
    The furnace is clanging, clocks are misbehaving, Dylan wasn't jokin' when he said everything is broken.

The Album Show - Everything Is Broken 2022

originally released on album "Oh mercy" (1989)Broken hands on broken ploughsBroken treaties, broken vowsBroken pipes, broken toolsPeople bending broken rules...
    Last edited by Robert Martellaro; 11-05-2023, 05:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Martellaro
    replied
    Bo Diddley - 1975

Leave a comment:

• optical24/7
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Robert Martellaro
    replied
    Mozes Rosenberg, Christiaan van Hemert, Stochelo Rosenberg - I Love You 2016

Leave a comment:

• Robert Martellaro
    replied
    Gladys Knight - Friendship Train 1973

Leave a comment:

• Robert Martellaro
    replied
    Pigmeat Markham - Here Comes The Judge 1968

I heard about Markham from fellow Explorer Scout at WSBT who played this on his 5 watt AM pirate station out of his basement. He had an Altec Lansing Valencia speaker I think. Check out the bass and drum lines.

Last edited by Robert Martellaro; 10-08-2023, 07:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Elvis Is Alive
    replied
    I've always thought Poco had the best harmonies. Timothy B. Schmidt wrote the lyrics and sang vocals: https://youtu.be/QfQp80S3tM4?si=SQIkbCxBdVXjYIWB

Leave a comment:

• Robert Martellaro
    replied
    10CC - Old Wild Men 1974

Leave a comment:

• Robert Martellaro
    replied
    Paul McCartney - Soily 1974

Leave a comment:

• optical24/7
    replied
    Thanks Warren! Now, I gotta justify the cost to the Mrs….You know, a Cajon sounds like something I can pass off as a tractor implement. I can hear me now…

“Hey honey, I’m gonna run down to Rural King and pickup a cajon for the tractor”

“ What’s that?”

” Uh,,,It’s a box that will prop up the brush hog when I take it off the tractor…..And the darnedest thing is, you can hit it with your hands and it sounds just like a drum kit……”

Leave a comment:

• wmcdonald
    replied
    Cajon

Leave a comment:

• optical24/7
    replied
    I’m posting this kinda random. I do like the song and their rendition, it’s really a drummer’s song, (imho). And that’s what’s intrigued me in this video..

WTH is the drummer playing? It’s not a drum kit. It’s obviously a drum machine in a box you can sit on, with snare, tom’s, bass, etc. Whatever it is, he’s good at it…( How much better than bongo’s!)

Last edited by optical24/7; 09-20-2023, 01:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wmcdonald
    replied
    Jimmy Castor Bunch, The Troglodyte, and Bertha Butt Boggie! Featuting Jeffry Miles Grimes on guitar, long time member of North Carolina's Embers today!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X