Old Tunes on Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    Here's a couple more Amon Duul II songs. Their bass player, Lothar Meid, was one of my playing inspirations.
    Kudos to the engineer for at least bringing the bass level high enough in the mix so you can hear it. Good to hear the bass player getting into the upper registers, adding to the melody instead of just the rhythm. So, this is your style?

Never heard this before- one way or another (out of print) this song will be added to my library.

And if you like a good live version:
    Look and listen a little closer- it may have been a live performance, but what you're hearing is the studio tape. I did this once, and have been ashamed of my choice ever since. There's going to be a lot of record producers living there next lives as slugs, for this, and all of their other sins!

Grappelli is regularly heard at the office and at home.

Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Comment

DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
      "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

The 1st band I snuck into (underage) to see..

It was a rather small club. There was railing around the floor area in front of the stage. Ted jumped up on that rail during the performance... When he says he dosn't do drugs, I believe him. You couldn't do that high!

Comment

The Mambo! with puppet

Comment

Comment

A poor man's Deep Purple...

Though they had more success in the U.S. with "Easy Livin', I like the above better.

This is with their "newer line-up" featuring Bernie Shaw on vocals...They still kick b u t t!

Comment

I'm still surpised how many haven't heard this album. Townshend arranged some amazing orchestration on this particular song....

Comment

Heh, we used to love to play this song. It was really funny watching the teeny-boppers TRY to dance to it!!
                  DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
                  "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

Comment

I liked their Grape Jam song!
                      DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Comment

Gee, I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

Welcome to ThePurpleChannel! Only the best Deep Purple songs in all time. ▍To all DP fans:  Sorry, there was a misunderstanding with WMG  (they act as if they had composed the songs)  and I can't upload many of the songs that were  listened here only a few weeks ago.  Fortunately these bastards haven't claimed all  the songs, and you still can listen them.  Rock will never die! - ThePurpleChannel
                        DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Comment

Or this:

DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Comment

And here's a new one by Shawn. Can't wait to meet him this Sunday for my wife's birthday party concert! It's a really sweet tribute to his wife.

DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Comment

Originally posted by optical24/7 View Post
                              I'm still surpised how many haven't heard this album. Townshend arranged some amazing orchestration on this particular song....
                              Rough Mix- mostly underated. The sound/mastering is good, at least on vinyl- I don't know how the cd sounds.
                              Or this:
                              I lost all of my enthusiasim for Zeplin when I heard them play live. I can't listen to any Zep after I heard this...

Comment

Robert, what the above did for you and Zep, the below did for me and AC/DC...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X