Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital Eye Testing Chart

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Digital Eye Testing Chart

    Hi all,

    I am currently using a light projector for testing vision and doing refractions.

    I am thinking of using digital eye testing chart with a LCD monitor.

    Anyone using digital eye testing chart? Can you share your experience with these charts? Which is a good software and how much do they cost?

    Thanks

    #2
    Microsoft PowerPoint. You should be able to buy a copy in Singapore for about a buck. You can make multilingual charts, graphics, Landoldt Rings or whatever and scale the letters for any length lane. You can also play around with contrast or whatever other parameter suits your fancy.
    Dick

    www.aerovisiontech.com

    Comment


      #3
      How do you deal with flipping from screen to screen? Do you basically just use an "up" and a "down" key on a remote?

      Comment


        #4
        Hyperlink from a menu.
        Dick

        www.aerovisiontech.com

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by rbaker View Post
          Microsoft PowerPoint. You should be able to buy a copy in Singapore for about a buck. You can make multilingual charts, graphics, Landoldt Rings or whatever and scale the letters for any length lane. You can also play around with contrast or whatever other parameter suits your fancy.
          Interesting, r u doing that?

          Maybe you can send me the program you have done . Thanks. :cheers:
          There is no link. Can you please send the link via pm?

          Comment


            #6
            Dick

            www.aerovisiontech.com

            Comment


              #7
              It was much of a challenge for me. I couldn't get it done right. The doctor is picky, so we bought a commercial version. One of the best investments made. Worth it for the Wow effect alone.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by MarcE View Post
                It was much of a challenge for me. I couldn't get it done right. The doctor is picky, so we bought a commercial version. One of the best investments made. Worth it for the Wow effect alone.
                hI,

                can you share with us which commercial software you are using for your computerized test chart?

                I have searched the web. In the US i believed most people use Acuity Pro, and the Smart System. In the UK, they have Test Chart 2000.

                As there are no distributors in Singapore for the above softwares, i am concerned about the servicing of the product if anything happened.

                For these software, do you pay a 1 time license or yearly license?

                Also, if your computer were to crash and needs the software to be re installed, do you need to buy a new software or pay additional license?

                Hope anyone who has experience with computerized test chart can share your experience 9in using these software) as I am thinking of getting one of those software for my consulting room.

                Thanks. :cheers:

                Comment


                  #9
                  Found another: http://www.digitaleyechart.com/index.htm

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Win C View Post
                    hI,

                    can you share with us which commercial software you are using for your computerized test chart?

                    I have searched the web. In the US i believed most people use Acuity Pro, and the Smart System. In the UK, they have Test Chart 2000.

                    As there are no distributors in Singapore for the above softwares, i am concerned about the servicing of the product if anything happened.

                    For these software, do you pay a 1 time license or yearly license?

                    Also, if your computer were to crash and needs the software to be re installed, do you need to buy a new software or pay additional license?

                    Hope anyone who has experience with computerized test chart can share your experience 9in using these software) as I am thinking of getting one of those software for my consulting room.

                    Thanks. :cheers:
                    We use AcuityPro. One-time payment. No yearly fees. It runs from a USB "key". Once, a computer was stolen and we had to repurchase. But if your computer crashes, there would be no extra cost.

                    We love it, the patients love it. THe doctor uses the Randomize key alot to keep "cheating" to a minimum. We have 12' rooms. We have an 19" LCD monitor hooked up to the computer (a dual monitor video card is installed) that is mounted on the back wall behind and to the right of the patientat about 5'6" high. AcuityPro will automatically invert for a folded room. You measure the distance and AcuityPro will tell you how large to make the letters in the program. I wouldn't recommend anything smaller than a 17" monitor. It has a little cartoon for kids. You can load educational videos to play for the patients. I can't remember the price, but we will be ordering another one next week.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by MarcE View Post
                      We use AcuityPro. One-time payment. No yearly fees. It runs from a USB "key". Once, a computer was stolen and we had to repurchase. But if your computer crashes, there would be no extra cost.

                      We love it, the patients love it. THe doctor uses the Randomize key alot to keep "cheating" to a minimum. We have 12' rooms. We have an 19" LCD monitor hooked up to the computer (a dual monitor video card is installed) that is mounted on the back wall behind and to the right of the patientat about 5'6" high. AcuityPro will automatically invert for a folded room. You measure the distance and AcuityPro will tell you how large to make the letters in the program. I wouldn't recommend anything smaller than a 17" monitor. It has a little cartoon for kids. You can load educational videos to play for the patients. I can't remember the price, but we will be ordering another one next week.
                      Hi thanks for the info. I guess you can load the program into as many PC as you like but you can only operate one at a time becuase you need to use the USB key. Can you purchase additional USB key or that will be an entirely new purchase with the software package?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Win C View Post
                        Hi thanks for the info. I guess you can load the program into as many PC as you like but you can only operate one at a time becuase you need to use the USB key. Can you purchase additional USB key or that will be an entirely new purchase with the software package?

                        Software is free to download, you pay for the USB key. The download may only work for 30 days, w/ limited features, I think. I can't exactly remember. Yes we bought a USB key for each computer.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Eyecuity

                          I'm not sure what the cost is, but Eyecuity has a wonderful setup. Can be used with your own PC or without. Hope that helps.
                          http://www.n-carousel.net/a/eyes%20animation3.gif

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by MarcE View Post
                            We use AcuityPro. One-time payment. No yearly fees. It runs from a USB "key". Once, a computer was stolen and we had to repurchase. But if your computer crashes, there would be no extra cost.

                            We love it, the patients love it. THe doctor uses the Randomize key alot to keep "cheating" to a minimum. We have 12' rooms. We have an 19" LCD monitor hooked up to the computer (a dual monitor video card is installed) that is mounted on the back wall behind and to the right of the patientat about 5'6" high. AcuityPro will automatically invert for a folded room. You measure the distance and AcuityPro will tell you how large to make the letters in the program. I wouldn't recommend anything smaller than a 17" monitor. It has a little cartoon for kids. You can load educational videos to play for the patients. I can't remember the price, but we will be ordering another one next week.

                            We also use Acuity Pro. The randomize feature is priceless. We actually had someone come in once and started reading off the standard Snellen chart which they had memorized. OOPS!!!!:D:D
                            DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
                            "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Sharp System Visual Acuity Software

                              I use Sharp System visual acuity software.

                              This is software I developed. Free updates & support for life! Version 3 is about to be released...here is more info.
                              Last edited by Graham McPartland; 02-18-2008, 12:36 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X