• Poll Widget

Should Opticians Refract (Votes: 276)

1. Yes (unequivocally, with no supervision or restrictions)- with formal training (Votes: 122)

2. Yes (with no supervision, but with restrictions as to whom can be seen) (Votes: 66)

3. Yes (with supervision) (Votes: 64)

4. No (because there is no need for Opticians to refract) (Votes: 60)

5. No (Opticians are not capable of refracting) (Votes: 14)

• Categories Widget (Show All)

• Recent Forum Posts

Kwill212

You seem to have answered you own question? I'm...

You seem to have answered you own question? I'm not sure what else I can add. The cylinder power is the difference between the principal meridians, 5 diopters. In this case it's -5.00 because we all...

Kwill212 01-16-2021, 09:36 PM Go to last post
    Kwill212

I'm pretty sure this happened Jan 1 of 2019....

I'm pretty sure this happened Jan 1 of 2019. Zeiss moved all freeform lenses and coatings in house. Why would you even bother trying to get Zeiss lenses if you hate them so much?

Kwill212 01-16-2021, 09:20 PM Go to last post
    Jaketull

WTF is going on with Zeiss?

Iíve talked to three labs that used to be able to get Zeiss and had a fine relationship with them. Now they canít get any of their products. Iíve said it before, and Iíll say it again, I hate Zeiss....

Jaketull 01-16-2021, 08:00 PM Go to last post
    Lensman11

The cylinder represents the difference in power...

The cylinder represents the difference in power between the two principal meridians. When neutralizing the lens in a vertometer you will not find a reading of -5.00 only 0.00 and +5.00 the powers in...

Lensman11 01-16-2021, 07:54 PM Go to last post
    Lelarep

Seems like these are the guys you'd want to work...

Seems like these are the guys you'd want to work with:

https://www.apioptics.com/product-category/products/polarized-sunglass-demonstration-cards/glaredisplays-polarized-free-standing-displays/

Lelarep 01-16-2021, 06:03 PM Go to last post
OptiBoard is proudly sponsored by:
Younger Optics and Vision Equipment