• Poll Widget

Should Opticians Refract (Votes: 263)

1. Yes (unequivocally, with no supervision or restrictions)- with formal training (Votes: 116)

2. Yes (with no supervision, but with restrictions as to whom can be seen) (Votes: 64)

3. Yes (with supervision) (Votes: 61)

4. No (because there is no need for Opticians to refract) (Votes: 58)

5. No (Opticians are not capable of refracting) (Votes: 14)

• Categories Widget (Show All)

• Recent Forum Posts

Airegin

Does Hoya Sync 5 have an inset?

I'm sure it has at least some but how much? I'm looking at the fitting chart but it does not show. I have a friend who's a high hyperope and as such he has to converge quite a bit for near through...

Airegin 09-20-2020, 07:25 PM Go to last post
    Kwill212

Thanks for explaining that to me the exact same...

Thanks for explaining that to me the exact same way I already wrote how to solve the question. smh.

My point is that I have never in my career used the rule of thumb ABO wants the applicant to...

Kwill212 09-20-2020, 06:54 PM Go to last post
    myopicspheres20

Question about creating sv intermediate rx

Hi Everyone :smug: I am a relatively new member of the optical world and I have a question that I hope you could help me out with.

If I had an rx that looked like this: OD -0.25 -0.25 x 180

myopicspheres20 09-20-2020, 06:49 PM Go to last post
    wmcdonald

Nothing at all tricky about this question. What...

Nothing at all tricky about this question. What is the power at 180? -6.12 D. 1.50 (.25) = .37. -6.50+.375 = 6.125 or on optical terms -6.12D. It is an Rx for ONE EYE, so you would use 2 mm as the...

wmcdonald 09-20-2020, 06:33 PM Go to last post
    Airegin

Well yeah but what about people with really poor...

Well yeah but what about people with really poor balance who are looking for something to grab with every slow step they take? A regular corridor (14mm) gives them some clearer intermediate vision to...

Airegin 09-20-2020, 06:20 PM Go to last post
OptiBoard is proudly sponsored by:
Younger Optics and Vision Equipment