• Poll Widget

Should Opticians Refract (Votes: 272)

1. Yes (unequivocally, with no supervision or restrictions)- with formal training (Votes: 121)

2. Yes (with no supervision, but with restrictions as to whom can be seen) (Votes: 64)

3. Yes (with supervision) (Votes: 63)

4. No (because there is no need for Opticians to refract) (Votes: 60)

5. No (Opticians are not capable of refracting) (Votes: 14)

• Categories Widget (Show All)

• Recent Forum Posts

CME4SPECS

It sounds like you have a lot of frames just not...

It sounds like you have a lot of frames just not a good mix. I think I would evaluate your current inventory and determine what you don't have. You should be able to get rid of some of those...

CME4SPECS 12-02-2020, 06:47 PM Go to last post
    saeromida

Sad to be a small optical shop

I just wanted to rant :furious::furious::furious:

I own a really small shop (more like an oversized booth) inside a local mall and I am the owner/salesperson/lab tech.
    I don't mind this- it gets...

saeromida 12-02-2020, 06:37 PM Go to last post
    Kwill212

I don't think you are correctly applying...

I don't think you are correctly applying Prentice's Rule if you think it doesn't work for your example.

Vertical prism is induced by horizontally when decentering a cylinder. You can calculate it...

Kwill212 12-02-2020, 05:34 PM Go to last post
    drk

I don't let reps make decisions for me. I do it...

I don't let reps make decisions for me. I do it myself. Reps will give you their absolute best, but it may duplicate another rep's absolute best, and you'll have a repetitive optical.

You need a...

drk 12-02-2020, 03:53 PM Go to last post
    Optical Roy

Allocation numbers, set number of weeks for the...

Allocation numbers, set number of weeks for the rep to return, and time limit the frame is in house, you knowing your demographic, you chose the frames, reps will suggest once they see what route you...

Optical Roy 12-02-2020, 01:50 PM Go to last post
OptiBoard is proudly sponsored by:
Younger Optics and Vision Equipment