• Poll Widget

Should Opticians Refract (Votes: 256)

1. Yes (unequivocally, with no supervision or restrictions)- with formal training (Votes: 111)

2. Yes (with no supervision, but with restrictions as to whom can be seen) (Votes: 63)

3. Yes (with supervision) (Votes: 61)

4. No (because there is no need for Opticians to refract) (Votes: 58)

5. No (Opticians are not capable of refracting) (Votes: 13)

• Categories Widget (Show All)

• Recent Forum Posts

waynegilpin

When they were fairly new, we had an MD in the...

When they were fairly new, we had an MD in the area that though his autorefractor was the "hand of God" coming down, tapping the pt. on the head and handing them an Rx. "But that's what the...

waynegilpin 08-06-2020, 04:27 PM Go to last post
    ak47

Frames with LED lights?

Does anyone know of any supplier other than Eschenbach for these? They have a couple of tiny ones, and I need a man-sized 58-60 eye with room for a bifocal? Or any tips on finding LED lights that...

ak47 08-06-2020, 03:24 PM Go to last post
    Invisible1

Briot accura cx for sale excellent working order

I have a used but in nice working condition Briot Accura CX with all accessories located in Skokie Illinois. My asking price is $2800 or Best Offer. The same machine is offered here on the classified...

Invisible1 08-06-2020, 02:04 PM Go to last post
    Don Gilman

In most cases it's the HC not the material....

In most cases it's the HC not the material. Exceptions 1.498 and 1.56 don' require a HC although 1.56 is better to have it at least on the front and if it's surfaced the back side will absorb color...

Don Gilman 08-06-2020, 01:30 PM Go to last post
    Morethnu2

About 15 years ago it was a very family oriented...

About 15 years ago it was a very family oriented company of about 25-30 locations and was fun and exciting to be a part of, over the next decade plus, after multiple expansions (600+ locations) and...

Morethnu2 08-06-2020, 12:58 PM Go to last post
OptiBoard is proudly sponsored by:
Younger Optics and Vision Equipment