• Poll Widget

Are you an Extrovert or an Introvert? (Votes: 66)

1. Extrovert (Votes: 21)

2. Introvert (Votes: 45)

• Categories Widget (Show All)

• Eyecare Professionals invited to watch LifeRx performance video and receive free pair

Exclusive to the OptiBoard community, Vision-Ease Lens is now offering the opportunity for member Eyecare Professionals to experience the superior performance and durability offered by LifeRx lenses. Simply watch a short video and submit your order.

Quantities are limited to the first 100 submissions. So don’t wait! Get started now and experience the LifeRx advantages for yourself by visiting: http://www.velfreefit.com/
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Eyecare Professionals invited to watch LifeRx performance video and receive free pair started by Vision Ease Lens View original post
    Comments 2 Comments
      opticalynn -
      The Administrator I work for has said that Medicare has rules that opticians cannot get our lab lenses, no vendor frames, NO incentives can be received or accepted. I sell lenses that I haven't even tried myself. She claims this is under the medicare "kick-back" law. I have tried to research this also checking the CFR. This law is mainly for "referrals" with doctors working with each other's practices. There seems to be a law that exempts certain things from this "Medicare Law". Also, it seems like every week a Rep from a pharma company is bringing elaborate lunches for the whole office. I guess that's ok because she says its "under $20.00 per person!
      Anyone know anything certain about...If you take Medicare, you cannot, as an optician get ANY free lenses, frames, etc.......
      Steve Machol -
      opticalynn,

You should post this as a new thread in the General Discussion forum if you want feedback.
  • Recent Forum Posts

Kwill212

I'd love to get some takes on the highlighted...

I'd love to get some takes on the highlighted comment. Obviously increasing the wrap angle will reduce the frame PD as measured in reference to the 0° wrap line. In other words the temporal edges of...

Kwill212 04-27-2024, 01:42 PM Go to last post
    peyes

Demo lens?

Looking for a source for inexpensive plano lenses for demos. Suggestions?

peyes 04-27-2024, 12:46 PM Go to last post
    peyes

Demo lens?

Looking for a source for inexpensive plano lenses for demos. Suggestions?

peyes 04-27-2024, 12:44 PM Go to last post
    ChrisBowers

I used to cut this between two plano lenses just...

I used to cut this between two plano lenses just short of the bevel diameter and apply it to the flattest surface (albeit FT not applicable) also use alcohol as it evaporates nicely.

Chris

ChrisBowers 04-27-2024, 08:29 AM Go to last post
    finefocus

All of this is easier if you first remove the...

All of this is easier if you first remove the lens from the frame (ala Uilleann) and trim at 45 degrees as 24/7 suggests. You can thumb-squeege the bubbles if the frame isn't in your way,
    Snap the...

finefocus 04-26-2024, 09:09 PM Go to last post