Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trust Your Professionals

Something Wicked This WayComes AngryFish's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Trust Your Professionals

Major Nidal Malik Hasan, a name synonymous with coward, murderer, widow and orphan maker, let it remain in infamy as a benchmark not to be exceeded. He makes Timothy McVeigh, The Son of Sam, the Columbine killers and Charles Manson girls look normal. What a pathetic excuse for a human. And he was a medical doctor allegedly skilled at treating mental disorders. Please let him walk free, a better form of justice will greet him.
    Last edited by AngryFish; 11-06-2009 at 11:40 AM.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Well, this is truly horrific, but still he didn't kill as many as McVeigh, so he might not be THE benchmark. But I agree, let him out, justice will be swift. I'm sure there's some snipers at that base that could take him out.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If he does recover he will be paralized for life. What does the military do for punishment in a case like this? Firing squad?

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It sounds like if there was ever a case of "guilty by reason of insanity", this guy fits it.

From all accounts so far, it sounds like he had every intention of deploying, and just snapped. It doesn't even look to be premeditated, or well planned out. It looks like he just snapped.

I feel terrible for his victims, and the many families and friends left behind. I also feel terrible for him.
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I think this was similar to the shootings at Virginia Tech that were perpretated by Seung-Hui Cho.

I don't think that Major Hasan suddenly "snapped".

The warning signs about Major Hasan were visible long before the tragedy at Fort Hood. Just as in the Virginia Tech case, a dangerous personality was allowed to "slip through the cracks", when it should have been preempted by prompt official action on the part of the Army. Evidence? Here's a short report:

http://www.woai.com:80/news/local/st...5g.cspx?rss=68
    Last edited by rinselberg; 11-07-2009 at 08:11 AM.

Optiboard Professional Bill West's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Snap one more time

Quote Originally Posted by Johns View Post
    It sounds like if there was ever a case of "guilty by reason of insanity", this guy fits it.

From all accounts so far, it sounds like he had every intention of deploying, and just snapped. It doesn't even look to be premeditated, or well planned out. It looks like he just snapped.

I feel terrible for his victims, and the many families and friends left behind. I also feel terrible for him.
    His neck needs to SNAP when they hang him then bury him in lard.

Banned
    Occupation

Giving away your microwave is one thing, but his corrans could have been a tip off. He snapped and loaded up his ammo and went to work. For sure he in insane.

Banned
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by rinselberg View Post
    I think this was similar to the shootings at Virginia Tech that were perpretated by Seung-Hui Cho.

The warning signs about Major Hasan were visible long before the tragedy at Fort Hood. Just as in the Virginia Tech case, a dangerous personality was allowed to "slip through the cracks", when it should have been preempted by prompt official action on the part of the Army. Evidence? Here's a short report:

I think often the signs are there. We need to work on how to recognize them before stuff like this happens. But then what can you do about it in today's society. I don't doubt someone told this guy he needed some counceling. He worked the psyc ward.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    After his execution I hope his brain is given to Harvard (I believe) to join its collection from mass murders.

If we can find the defect that sends men over the edge to commit these horrendous crimes we'll be better able to stop events like these from happening in the future. Or is this what war can do to some of us?

I'm old enough to remember that William Calley served only 3 years under house arrest for My Lei. We have a double standard and the rest of the world knows it.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 11-07-2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: tweak...

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by gemstone View Post
    I think often the signs are there. We need to work on how to recognize them before stuff like this happens. But then what can you do about it in today's society. I don't doubt someone told this guy he needed some counceling. He worked the psyc ward.
    Exaclty. Besides, he was Muslim, and he would/could have filed a social actions report with the base (he may have already), which would have resulted in the demotion of the reporter, and probably another promotion for him. The subject would have turned to his religion, his culture, and how his rights could be preserved, rather than his illness.

I saw this happen (w/other minoritied) over and over in the millitary, and the problems didn't get solved, but the person that was reported often becamse insulated from further action, as the millitary didn't want to be politically incorrect.

Occupation
    Optical Retail

He even graduated from Va Tech. So ironic, it's magnetic.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Here's the all too often common thread...

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    He even graduated from Va Tech. So ironic, it's magnetic.
    Wanna bet he's also had to repress his homosexual feelings all his life?

Occupation
    "Clear warning signs, Hasan’s colleagues say ..."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33753461..._at_fort_hood/

Most complete report to date on Major Hasan.

Barticus Prime - Optibot opticianbart's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill West View Post
    His neck needs to SNAP when they hang him
    I agree with this wholeheartedly, however,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill West View Post
    then bury him in lard.
    As someone who doesn't deal with pork products as part of a religious observance, I find this comment somewhat distastful. I understand anger at what the man did, but still. Dislike the man all you want, but don't spit on the religion that he claimed (and didn't truely) to follow.
    Bart Smith, continuing to be awesome since 1982 so that you don't have to.

Love is a duet, each voice complementing each other and making them sound better than they would alone, each voice at times stepping back and letting the other shine. We've got a pretty good duet going Tina.

On April 28th, I'll be marrying my best friend. I can't wait!

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ok, the more I read, the more I'm seeing that this was premeditated, and not just a "snap".

So, why is nobdy in the White House, the media, or anyone else calling this a terrorist attack?

I'll bet if you analyzed everyone of the 9/11 attatckers, you could come up with some psychological symptom and blame it on that.

Our troops came under attack, by the enemy that infilitrated our millitary, on our own soil, and it's just a random shooting??!!!

At least our president was swift in addressing his "feelings", sandwiched between a speech to the American Indians. Classic.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Ok, the more I read, the more I'm seeing that this was premeditated, and not just a "snap".

So, why is nobdy in the White House, the media, or anyone else calling this a terrorist attack?

I'll bet if you analyzed everyone of the 9/11 attatckers, you could come up with some psychological symptom and blame it on that.

Our troops came under attack, by the enemy that infilitrated our millitary, on our own soil, and it's just a random shooting??!!!

At least our president was swift in addressing his "feelings", sandwiched between a speech to the American Indians. Classic.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...f-america.html
    Here's what President Obama ACTUALLY said.

This is what Fox News reported:
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...ing-fort-hood/

But still you right-wingers have to deal with nutjobs like this on your side:
    http://startthinkingright.wordpress....-as-extremist/
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

So, why is nobody in the White House, the media, or anyone else calling this a terrorist attack?
    My guess would be the army would prefer not to have Ft Hood known as the site of a successful terrorist attack.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    My guess would be the army would prefer not to have Ft Hood known as the site of a successful terrorist attack.

You mean like the USS Cole?

Why not? Would admitting such a truth committ the US to taking some sort of...action?

So...instead, they are going to act like it's just a case of some guy going off his meds?

Occupation
    Considering all that is now coming into public view about Hasan's background, there's no way that the Army would be able to just shrug this one off as "someone going off of their meds.."

Senator Lieberman's already talking about a Congressional investigation.

Are you reading more posts and enjoying it less? Make RadioFreeRinsel your next Internet port of call ...

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Senator Lieberman's already talking about a Congressional investigation.

Yeah, that's pretty impressive. Don't they also do a congressional investigation into what kind of tobacco the baseball players were chewing? I mean, yeah...I HOPE they're doing an investigation.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Who would they take "action" against? They got the perp in prison, where he'll be until his death sentence comes up.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Why not? Would admitting such a truth commit the US to taking some sort of...action?

So...instead, they are going to act like it's just a case of some guy going off his meds?
    My guess would be if a US sailor rammed the Cole it wouldn't be called terrorism.

Now when the USS Vincennes shot down the Iranian passenger jet was that terrorism? BTW- This was the catalyst for an eye for an eye payback that I think caused Pan Am to lose a plane over Lockerbie.

Who's the freedom fighter and who's the terrorist often just depends on what side your on.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 11-09-2009 at 05:22 PM. Reason: tweak...

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    My guess would be if a US sailor rammed the Cole it wouldn't be called terrorism.

Now when the USS Vincennes shot down the Iranian passenger jet was that terrorism? BTW- This was the catalyst for an eye for an eye payback that I think caused Pan Am to lose a plane over Lockerbie.

Who's the freedom fighter and who's the terrorist just depends on what side your on.
    When the USS Vincennes shot down an Iranian passenger jet, it was an accident. And if my memory is accurate, the U.S. immediately made it very clear that it was an accident.

Was there anything "accidental" about what happened to the Pan Am jet over Lockerbie?

Some may persist in calling the Vincennes accident an act of "terrorism".. but who wants to line up on that side of the fence?

"All terrorists have grievances, but not all grievances have terrorists" is the way that Benjamin Netanyahu often put it.

Are you reading more posts and enjoying it less? Make RadioFreeRinsel your next Internet port of call ...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

The boards been boring lately...

When the USS Vincennes shot down an Iranian passenger jet, it was an accident. And if my memory is accurate, the U.S. immediately made it very clear that it was an accident.

Was there anything "accidental" about what happened to the Pan Am jet over Lockerbie?

Some may persist in calling the Vincennes accident an act of "terrorism".. but who wants to line up on that side of the fence?

"All terrorists have grievances, but not all grievances have terrorists" is the way that Benjamin Netanyahu often put it.
    Well said. Lockerbie was a clear cut case of terrorism. Was My Lie an accident?

Do you think our government knew Pan Am's flight was targeted yet only told government connected passengers to find another flight? Wasn't that why many students got on with cheap tickets? Can this happen today?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Why not? Would admitting such a truth committ the US to taking some sort of...action?

Were Columbine and Va Tech terrorism?
    ...Just ask me...

Thread Information