Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is Costco's warranty or guarantee on glasses?

OptiBoard Professional William Walker's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Consistency

I would love to see unity in the approach of optics - from answers to questions like 'are glasses/contacts medical' to 'what defines an optician', and in areas like making concrete, enforceable guidelines similiar to ANSI, and finding people to go around and actually enforcing them. I'd like to see an end to ODs, MD, and corporations ignoring licensing requirements during operating hours. As a licensed optition with a degree, I'd like to see a degree being part of the requirements to sit for a state board exam - which I'd like to see in each state. I'd also like the respect other professions are given when you take years of hard work in order to be where you are, instead of being thought of as a sales person.

Unfortunately, we can't find unity in the less than 20 people who have posted in this thread alone - and this is a community of optically educated people. How could we ask that others outside our field share a consistent view of our profession, when we ourselves are not sending them a consistent message to begin with?

I'd really like to see a poll on some of these questions, to get a greater number of people to weigh in.
    William Walker

Associates in Science in Opticianry
    Associates in Science in Optical Business Management
    Licensed Dispensing Optician
    Board Certified
    Certified Paraoptometric Assistant
    American Board of Opticianry Advanced Certified
    National Contact Lens Examiners Certified

Next Goal: ABOM

Optician with Lenscrafters in Jacksonville, FL

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    wOW...People seem to have had it very badly at LC. The things described as being said to employees re sales results just can't happen the same in Canada...we can coach and set expectations but as long as the associate is genuinely trying to meet standard....their job is pretty safe..(different labour codes maybe?)

Axis turner....up here the 30 day policy is no hassel...no question. I had 2 situations today....kids glasses...3 weeks old, run over by another kid during a soccer match. My associate didn't even ask me...she just replaced them. Another guys kid pulled the arm off his glasses after 6 weeks...we gave him a new frame, no charge. Maybe Canadians are just more laid back in how we do business.

k12319997...I'm definately not a drone! LMAO! I get ****** off at work just like anyone else...but overall I'm still really happy after all these years. Oh...and I'm one of those managers hired from the clothing store to manage the optical! :D It doesn't take optical knowledge to run a business...but I did sign up for the Opticians course immediately because I wanted to have credibility with my associates and opticians.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Truly do you think that is the best way to handle a situation with blowing up at someone. You are right about the managers giving in but what has happened to the public's morals and values to themselves and to others. I agree with Nettie, that if it's handled maturely it just works best....
    ABO-NCLE Certified 1992 to current

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Wow .......................this is an old consumer thread from the way back machine

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Molster View Post
    Truly do you think that is the best way to handle a situation with blowing up at someone. You are right about the managers giving in but what has happened to the public's morals and values to themselves and to others. I agree with Nettie, that if it's handled maturely it just works best....
    Obviously I have a little to learn about Forums. Didn't notice the date....

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    Wow .......................this is an old consumer thread from the way back machine
    I am new to using forums, didn't see the date.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

God Bless The Independent

I always like Johns straightforward intelligent responses .
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns View Post
    Who cares? They can scream all they want at the chains to get whatever they want...

...Do it in my store and it just gets you kicked out. (Indpendents are ALLOWED to do that!)

Thread Information