Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friends.......

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Friends.......

I have a lifelong friend who has been battling cancer.

It has been one hell of a fight. A real boxing match. A full ten rounder, filled with terrible punches and blows. Both have pushed each other to the limit! But, the final bell has rung....

My friend has been defeated.

This man was awesome. Truly awesome. I looked up to him in so many ways. In a hundred lifetimes, I'll still never be half the man he was.

But, I'll keep trying. I'll try as hard as I can. I'll try to be the friend to my friends that he was to me. So, take a good look at your friends. Enjoy them while you can. A friend is a precious gift. Try to be a friend today and everyday.

:cheers::cheers:

Optical Clairvoyant OptiBoard Bronze Supporter Andrew Weiss's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thank you for sharing your friend with us. Sometimes the people who burn the brightest and cast the most light are the ones who leave the quickest. They leave a big hole where their presence once was.

I know your friend lives on in your heart because you wrote so eloquently about him. And I also know that this alone doesn't mean you don't miss him alot.

Thank you also for your reminder to appreciate our friends. I'll take this opportunity to tell you, again, how much I appreciate you and your openness, helpfulness, generosity and spiritedness on this board. You are a good friend to many.
    Andrew

"One must remember that at the end of the road, there is a path" --- Fortune Cookie

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Andrew, I share your sentiments as well. I also believe that you never really lose a friend or loved one, you find them again in another form or in another place.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    I have a lifelong friend who has been battling cancer.

It has been one hell of a fight. A real boxing match. A full ten rounder, filled with terrible punches and blows. Both have pushed each other to the limit! But, the final bell has rung....

My friend has been defeated.

This man was awesome. Truly awesome. I looked up to him in so many ways. In a hundred lifetimes, I'll still never be half the man he was.

But, I'll keep trying. I'll try as hard as I can. I'll try to be the friend to my friends that he was to me. So, take a good look at your friends. Enjoy them while you can. A friend is a precious gift. Try to be a friend today and everyday.

:cheers::cheers:
    Sorry to hear about that Fezz. I know you had told me you were on a deathwatch. Dying just sucks!
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Smilie

I am sooo sooo sorry to hear about your loss Fezzy. But wow, really.... how many people can you say that about in this world? Not to many people we can look up to. You're very fortunate and so was he.

My heart goes out to you!:)

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Good luck bro,

Ibrahim

Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    A sad time and a great reminder to appreciate what and who you have.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

So True...

Yesterday as I do every year I sent a card to my best friends mother telling her I still remember and think about Wayne who died 19 ago today. We grew up together with our backyards adjoining. He was my brother in all but blood. He was a light to all who met him and left us far to soon. He was also an optician. A day doesn't go by that I don't think about him. These are the events in life that put perspective on what really matters.

My sincere sympathy Fezz.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'd like to echo Andrews words, he wrote what I feel better than I could. I'll remember you and your friend in my thought and prayers today....

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

To Fezz on Friendship......

As Andrew said, you are a good friend to many. Harry said what goes around, comes around. Your friends are gathering here to lend you support and to let you know that we care. It is wonderful to observe, and even better to participate.
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Occupation
    My favorite saying translated from Arabic:

'No one loved truly passes, they continue to live in the hearts of everyone they have touched'

It seems you'll be honoring your friend for years to come.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It's hard to have someone close to you going through such a battle. I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you, friend.
    www.opticaljedi.com
    www.facebook.com/opticaljedi
    www.twitter.com/opticaljedi

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hey Fezz. Sorry for your loss. Years ago as I sat near my brother-in-law as he was a few weeks away from death. I asked him what the worst part of dying was. His reply was "I am afraid I will be forgotten". I understood that. Obviously this won't happen to your friend as long as you are around.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    A heartfelt thank you to all. I truly appreciate the kind words, thoughtfulness, and most importantly........the friendship.

Thank you.

Master OptiBoarder
    Back in NYC.....Shenzhen, China and Hong Kong
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Hi Fezz,

My heart goes out to you. It is very difficult losing someone close to you.

Several years ago my father battled and lost to cancer. He was my best friend and mentor and my life will forever be affected by my loss. I watched a once formable man reduced to a shell in both body and spirit. His last week alive was spent in the intensive care unit. I sat next to him 24/7 until he let out his last breath. I did not want him alone one minute and tried to give him comfort and laughter to lessen the fear he was experiencing as it became clear his prognosis. To this day I cannot keep tears and heartache at bay telling this story.

I can tell you the pain always remains but your testament to your friend will be how you conduct yourself in life and how you treat others. Though our friendship is limited to online, I think you are making your friend proud.

I extend my sincere condolences to you.

Eric

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    My grandmother was of the Mi'kmaq people who was later educated in Christian schools. She had no difficulty integrating Catholicism with the “Old Ways.” She called all of us grandchildren to her deathbed a few weeks before she died and explained to us that she was soon to be leaving us to go and be with her grandmother and grandfather who had been waiting for her return. She told us that she would be waiting there for us with a warm fire and fry bread.

As we get older we become more accustom to the inevitable loss of friends and family. But, it is never easy. Walk in your friends steps. Do as he would have done and perhaps finish some of the work that he had started. Perhaps, of greatest importance is to be still at times of peril or confusion as he is there to quietly whisper advice and encouragement.

He was indeed your teacher. Now, go out into the world with his lessons in your heart. All is well.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Been there done that. Good friends, especially those that you can trust. One only finds a few times in a lifetime. Have a drink now and then after an remember the good times that you could not have shared with anyone else.

Chip

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My deepest sympathy Fezz. Thank you for sharing your inspiring words with us. You have reached out to me in friendship from across the country and I have often wondered why you care so much. I now know the man you are even more clearly and I understand better. God bless you and may your friend's memory light your days. Peace.

Bad address email on file abocandy's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Fight the battle

That is exactly why I am a Team captain for the Relay for life for the 6th year. IS to First of all CELEBRATE - Life - 2nd REMEMBER those who lost the battle and 3rd FIGHT- Lets fight together to find a cure for this demon who possess so many!!
    I admire you Fezz, God Bless you!

Occupation
    Sorry to hear about that Fezz, man you have a great heart and in your minds eye you may think that he was a greater man, but in my mind it can't be true. Your a good friend to me and have been inspiring in the way you question what should be questioned and have taught me more than you would know. I hate cancer, lost my father too it and have seen many people face it and lose. I am sorry for your loss and if you need to talk give me a call. Gotta tell you I suck when dealing with death, but I would drive up there and buy you a drink in a heart beat.
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Something Wicked This WayComes AngryFish's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

RBaker.

Truer words are rarely spoken , “All is well”

Occupation
    Fezz, I'm really sorry for your loss. I would add more but this touches wounds that are still too sore.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

A friend is a wonderful thing to have and I am sorry you lost yours. Such a friend will live on a long time in your memory.

Thanks for sharing with us.

SunnyNC

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thank you so much for sharing your friend with us. I know you are a good man, and I am grateful for all the laughs and lessons you have taught me and others through this board. If you say your friend was a greater man, then we have lost someone special indeed.

Cherish those memories, and pass on the lessons he taught. By sharing, caring and teaching you will keep his spirit alive.

Cassandra
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wow....

Thank you all for the very kind words and freindship.

I both humbled and inspired!

Thank you.

Thread Information