Digital Eye Testing Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarcE View Post
    Software is free to download, you pay for the USB key. The download may only work for 30 days, w/ limited features, I think. I can't exactly remember. Yes we bought a USB key for each computer.
    Check out Precision Vision Visual Acuity (PVVAT) software. I have compared Acuity Pro to Precision Vision Visual Acuity software and can tell you from personal experience that there is no comparison. For $200 more, you get a vastly superior product compared to Acuity Pro. Even though PVVAT was developed only 2 years back, it is way ahead in functionality compared to Acuity Pro. Good Luck!

Comment

Using Sharp VA in 11 exam rooms...LOVE IT!

I have been using Sharp VA digital visual acuity software for over 4 years (in 11 rooms). It has been a wonderful addition to our practice.

Patients love it. I go from testing to education with a single computer program. I understand that a new version will be released soon, and that it will have SEVERAL great new features. I expect that the price will increase with the new version.

Comment

I don't know the exact cost of the sharp and Thanks for the posting....

Comment

Do Digital Eye charts allow for a smaller exam room?

Comment

Well, you can go for Digital Optometry’s Spectrum if you like. They offer widest variety of opto-types, chart layouts and new features such as Randomization, Duochrome, Wide Spacing, Onscreen pointers, Wheelchair Button. You can get the Duochrome screens with some unique innovative balancing techniques. You just can install this in your PC or laptop and use.

You can simply pay $ 70 for 14 day trial license and check before you buy the advanced version. If you are willing to buy a yearly license, you will have to pay around 600 dollars and for an unlimited version you will have to spend around 1850 dollars I guess. It is available in Asia (You live in Singapore if I’m not mistaken) and they will b able to help you via their 24hrs contact center assistance.

Before buying any software, read the REAL customer reviews and feed backs. It is important to know about the product properly before you spend a few hundred dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham McPartland View Post
              I use Sharp System visual acuity software.

This is software I developed. Free updates & support for life! Version 3 is about to be released...here is more info.
              I don't like dealing with companies that have no phone numbers, especially when it comes to support. Free support? Maybe, but how soon, and it's all via e-mail?
              Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Comment

Has anyone else tried any software, other than what is listed above?

Comment

Duh.. I answered a post from 2 years ago. Hate it when I do that.
                  • [*=left]Optician
                    [*=left]Frame Maker/Designer
                    [*=left]Teacher of the art of crafting handmade eyewear.

Comment

Originally posted by kcount View Post
                    Duh.. I answered a post from 2 years ago. Hate it when I do that.
                    No...I did because I'm in the market for more software. I bought some today, I'll let you know how it works. (Much cheaper than Sharp systems)

Comment

For anyone capable of using FOSS (free open source software) there is this:

I'll be setting it up on a Raspberry Pi with a usb remote. Expect it to cost $250 with monitor, mount, cables, remote.
                      I'll write back once I have it tested.

Comment

TV Feature: displaying images

Originally posted by hbvision View Post

I'll be setting it up on a Raspberry Pi with a usb remote. Expect it to cost $250 with monitor, mount, cables, remote.
                        Most modern televisions - especially large screen televisions - have a USB port. These are typically used for firmware updates. However, it is also possible to place images on to USB drives and have them play on the television. For example, on my very inexpensive LCD TV, I have to change the TV's 'Source' to 'USB' - then I can browse the images on the USB drive using the remote control.

It would seem that such a solution would work for displaying eye testing charts by displaying the eye charts in whatever software creates them, and then taking screen shots and saving those to the USB drive.

Comment

Originally posted by hbvision View Post

Did you manage to setup the snellen software? i wanted to try , but did not have a chance ...need to download a copy of linux...i wanted to do it on VMWARE... if u setup...can u tell me other than snellen chart...what other features is in that software other than snellen chart...

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by danielccn View Post
                            Did you manage to setup the snellen software? i wanted to try , but did not have a chance ...need to download a copy of linux...i wanted to do it on VMWARE... if u setup...can u tell me other than snellen chart...what other features is in that software other than snellen chart...

Thanks
                            Question (to anyone): Aside from the Snellen chart, what features would you be looking for?

I'm a hardware and software developer and have been for nearly 40 years. I can think of a half-dozen much less expensive ways to get this done using off-the-shelf components. Building an entire Linux machine just to show a single graphic seems to be overkill.

Comment

Lots of goodies.

Visual acuity is indeed measured by a Snellen chart, but you have to run a few patients to see what other things would help.

My setup is programmable, so I can show a series of charts in a certain order.

There are "line isolation" options, as well as "letter isolation" options.

There are refracting aids, as well, such as polarized projection (not on an LCD screen, of course) to be used in conjunction with polarized lenses in the phoroptor for special tests, etc.

It's more involved than...meets the eye!

Comment

Originally posted by drk View Post
                                Lots of goodies.

Visual acuity is indeed measured by a Snellen chart, but you have to run a few patients to see what other things would help.

My setup is programmable, so I can show a series of charts in a certain order.

There are "line isolation" options, as well as "letter isolation" options.

There are refracting aids, as well, such as polarized projection (not on an LCD screen, of course) to be used in conjunction with polarized lenses in the phoroptor for special tests, etc.

It's more involved than...meets the eye!

Nothing you've mentioned is impossible, let alone difficult, for the platforms I have in mind. I can see this problem being solved for ~$100 in hardware and a fraction of that for the software - and no need to load Linux.

Comment

Working...
                                X