My vacuum sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My vacuum sucks

Since you guys are all good a vacuuming peoples wallets I'd just thought I'd ask opinions on whats a good vacuum cleaner these days?
    90% of everything is crap...except for crap, because crap is 100% crap

Take your pick......they all suck!

Comment

Kirby, because they also blow!, and Dyson, since they have balls!.
      Eyes wide open

Comment

Ok, so Fezz and Uncut are the class clowns.

Comment

Are you talking about a home vacuum or to vacuum out an edger? Because any shop vac is fine for that. For your home, my money is on Dyson. I've owned one for the last 7 years, and they are the best vac under 1000 bucks. And FYI, the commercials say they don't loose suction, but they do. You have to actually clean them out ever 6 months or so, but they go right back to working like brand new once you've done that. Also, they're customer service is great. I've called them with questions, and anyone of them can walk you through taking one apart with their eyes closed.

It's a sad day in your life when something like a vacuum can bring you such joy, but I'm there.

Comment

Actually the best are those new turbine plastic jobs with loads of filters in them whci have to be washed, and they do not cost a fortune/

Comment

Oh boy!! I just got a new vacuum...it's an Oreck. I love it!! I had a Bissell bagless, and it was OK. I got a Bissell first because I have a Bissell Carpet Cleaner at home and it does a great job, so I thought the bissell vacuum would be just as good. Eh...not as great as I thought. But I found the Oreck, started vacuuming with that thing and wham-o pulled the nap right back up!!! I'm so happy...my carpet has "tracks" now!

Comment

Shark Navigator for home,

Home Depot brand shop vacfor Generator/Edger (NOT SHOP VAC, I've been through 5 in the past 3 years, contractor series)

Comment

Originally posted by RIMLESS View Post
                  Ok, so Fezz and Uncut are the class clowns.
                  Touche'...

My respose was a serious one, even by jest.

I have many old Kirby machines that have done twenty plus years of daily vacuum duties in commercial street level locations, picking up rocks, sand, contruction debris(sheetrock) nails screws, and have survived, to be delegated to garage or workshop duty, in retirement.

The Dyson machines are a close second IMO for serious vacuuming!, and very innovative.

Just clownin' around......

uncut
                  Eyes wide open

Comment

From what I also understand, you can vacuum wet stuff with kirbys, too. And wash a hard floor? At least that's what the kirby people try to tell me before I close the door on them when they want to do a demonstration. I mean seriously, do ya think I'm gonna let a stranger in my home when my husband is out to sea and I've got two rugrats running wild?

Comment

I usually go through two 6 gallon shop vacs' a year on my edger. My local Lowes will just exchange them out with very little hassle. The last one I did they didn't need to see the receipt, not saying much about Shop Vacs' used industrially.

I'd love to get a Dyson for the house.

This thread really sucks....
                      Clinton Tower

The intellect to live free is in short supply
                      ALT248=°

Comment

Dyson animal works well for us.
                        We've been through several Bissell carpet cleaners, they do not last long. They clean ok, just poorly made. We just bought a Rug Doctor, I sure hope this one lasts longer than the Bissell.

Comment

At home = Miele

A melee unfolds when I break out the Miele!

Are we talking about carpet suckers or dry edger and generator vacs?

Comment

A little known company called Rainbow!!! I have had mine for almost 20 (yes 20) years. They are a water based machine that lets nothing into the air. They cost more, but I haven't had to buy anything more than a new belt for the power nozzel once in the 20 years. Other great thing about the Rainbow is all the attachments that are available, carpet cleaner, furniture brushes, etc. If you can't afford a Rainbow, Miele's are also great.
                            I came, I saw, I left

Comment

Thanks for all the feed back. It's for the home. Everyone luvs the Dysons but they just look almost like a LEGO vacuum to me.
                              On the other hand Optilady1 does look like a clean freak so +1 for her opinion. Also heard alot of good about the Miele. I heard it's great at picking up carpet Fezz...I mean Fuzz. The Oreck was also on my short list hmmmm. decisions, decisions......

Comment

Working...
                              X