Thread: Dispensing Trays

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Blue Jumper Dispensing Trays

Im looking for realy nice, elegant dispensing trays to use when i bring the patients eyeglass out to the dispensing room.

Does anyone currently do this?

It doesnt necessarily have to be a lab try or anything optical related. ANy ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

I could just bring them out preped in the case but i would rather go with the catering style approach.

I think our paitents would like to see their 2,000.00 eyeglasses brought to them in/on a elegant tray with cloth and cleaner

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have some square ceramic plates/trays I use during dispensing. I think it makes for a much better presentation than something wrapped up with a rubber band and the invoice or a job tray.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Try Bates Displays. They have some presentation trays That would work nicely.
    batesdisplays.com

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter SharonB's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Try gemsondisplay.com - we use their presentation trays, and also the larger ones for patients who are browsing ( I give them the tray as a "shopping cart"). The smaller trays are the same size as standard shop trays. We use black (kind of a leatherette material) trays with a black velvet liner. They have many other options. They cater to jewelry stores, but the trays work perfectly for optical, and they are VERY reasonable in price.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Amcom came out with some leather dispensing trays http://amcon.wordpress.com/2011/01/0...back-on-2010/- that are really nice

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We use black leather jewelry trays with black velvet liners. They work really well for dispensing eyewear and for our opticians to present multiple frame selections for our patients to try on.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by opticalcathy View Post
    Amcom came out with some leather dispensing trays http://amcon.wordpress.com/2011/01/0...back-on-2010/- that are really nice

The best dispense advise I read about was from Ralph Drew. He said after the people had spent there hard earned money on glasses from you above all give them a very good case he said you would be surprised at what a difference a quality case has on sale versus a crappy case ( pardon the English ). Most of the boxes don't understand this concept! :)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by eye2 View Post
    The best dispense advise I read about was from Ralph Drew. He said after the people had spent there hard earned money on glasses from you above all give them a very good case he said you would be surprised at what a difference a quality case has on sale versus a crappy case ( pardon the English ). Most of the boxes don't understand this concept! :)

I agree. If someone has spent $300.00 or more you better give them a very high quality case. Dispensing tray not a big deal, the case is what will sell the whole thing. I've seen it happen more than once when someone comes to pick up there glasses and someone gave them a cheap case they are not happy.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by jediron1 View Post
    I agree. If someone has spent $300.00 or more you better give them a very high quality case. Dispensing tray not a big deal, the case is what will sell the whole thing. I've seen it happen more than once when someone comes to pick up there glasses and someone gave them a cheap case they are not happy.
    True that. The case is something they take home forever; their memory of the dispensing tray is short-lived.

That said, a small investment in about a half-dozen nice dispensing trays sounds like a nice idea. We may try it here.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

tray

Well Ange, you could obtain a gold plated tray, roll out a red carpet and play the triumphant march from Aida

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by gogetter View Post
    Im looking for realy nice, elegant dispensing trays to use when i bring the patients eyeglass out to the dispensing room.

Does anyone currently do this?

It doesnt necessarily have to be a lab try or anything optical related. ANy ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

I could just bring them out preped in the case but i would rather go with the catering style approach.

I think our paitents would like to see their 2,000.00 eyeglasses brought to them in/on a elegant tray with cloth and cleaner
    Optica sell these, they're in NZ but ship world wide and they work well - see: http://www.optica.co.nz/default.aspx...ct=9429&link=1 You can email them, they'll allow you to order online and believe me, you'll be happy with the quality. Many of my clients use these trays for delivering specs with great results

Thread Information