View Poll Results: Do you have a website?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but it's no good

11 24.44%
  • Yes, and it's awesome!

22 48.89%
  • I want one, but haven't gotten around to it.

6 13.33%
  • I want one but don't know where to start.

3 6.67%
  • I have no use for one.

3 6.67%

Thread: Websites

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Websites

I've been out of touch for awhile, so if this has been discussed recently, please forgive me. My question is this: I know that it's the 21st century, and everyone in business should have a website, but neither one of the opticals I work for have one. Is this really that unusual?

If you own a business, and don't have a website (I'm not talking about the phone book/ad type)...what are your excuses for not having one?

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper It's very simple the law of average.............................

Basic advise.
    Websites are a good thing to have. The sell you, your business and your services and products you offer.

They are like advertising in news papers and magazines in the old days and work the same way..............only one of so and so many visitors will actually be convinced to get your services. So you will have to find the ways to have as many visitors as possible in order to get the one.

Read the weekly and monthly news letters sent out by search engine companies, they offer them free and they are full of good advice. A website does not have to be the best looking one but the most effective to attract the search engines to crawl it, which in turn gets ranking up on the list. The higher a site ranks the more it will be visited. It's very simple the law of average.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have been surprised at how few opticals even have websites and the quality of many that do have a site has been mediocre.

Any time I go to a retail establishment for the first time I go to their website for directions at the very least.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper

Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post

I have been surprised at how few opticals even have websites and the quality of many that do have a site has been mediocre.

Any time I go to a retail establishment for the first time I go to their website for directions at the very least.

Actually there tons of optical retailer websites on-line, but they are not visible. They have no content to attract continously repeated web crawler visits and then either do not get listed on search engines or way towards the end. If you have to look and search a hundred pages or more you will just not do it. That is why people pay a lot of money to get a boost or invest time to do it themselves.

If you have a website that ranks in the 25,000,000 on Alexa.com, there are 25 million better visited websites before yours. That is why Yahoo ranks number 4 with over 2 million other sites linking in. OptiBoard ranks 126,976 with 527 sites linking in. Essilors On-line optical "Frames Direct" ranks 23,459 with 1495 other sites linking in. These superb ranking results are all do to continous upkeep and changes to their websites. My own website ranks in the 530,069 with 422 sites linking in.

Any website that ranks below 1,000,000 belongs the the rarer variety and is easy to find on serach engine results.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Java99's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post

I think you just made a very good point: many opticals really truly believe they are not retailing anything. I have worked in several where "retail" is a dirty word. It's a mindset where any advertising is foreign, and a website is advertising.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Java99 View Post
    I think you just made a very good point: many opticals really truly believe they are not retailing anything.

What we do is just as much or even more retail than a Tailor shop in Hong Kong
    90% of everything is crap...except for crap, because crap is 100% crap

Thread Information