Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just ordered my new Santinelli ME-1200!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craig View Post
    i did not look at the 641- How much is it? From what I understand, Barry can do anything with the machine; I am sure the 1200 can do 98% of all work and the rest can go to the MEI big boy with a programmer to do the bevels.
    The boss has the exact quote but he said around 100K. How about the 1200 How much is it? The boss didn't mention that one.

Comment

Great edger. You will enjoy using it for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Plausible View Post
        The boss has the exact quote but he said around 100K. How about the 1200 How much is it? The boss didn't mention that one.

Comment

An mei is better at being set-up (programmed) to do many multiples of complicated jobs. Where almost every job is different, a conventional edger excels. But nothing beats the finish quality on a sculpted-edge shape (like an Oakley FJ) than an MEI.

B

Comment

The MEI is also fast as heck, while the ME1200 is slow as heck. You also need a computer programmer to run an MEI while anybody can run an ME1200. I know it take a craftsman to make it purr, but the software is such that my kids could run it in an hour or so. The MEI is the opposite end of the spectrum and the edge polish on the MEI is only decent.

If I ran a lab, we would only use an MEI but i heard Santinelli has a new edger for labs that is very good or better for the $$. I love competition and to see how the technology gets better.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Santini View Post
              An mei is better at being set-up (programmed) to do many multiples of complicated jobs. Where almost every job is different, a conventional edger excels. But nothing beats the finish quality on a sculpted-edge shape (like an Oakley FJ) than an MEI.

B
              So Barry, you are saying that for an interchangable like an Oakley Flak Jacket, Half Jacket, ect that the MEI does a better job on the shelf'd area (which allows it to fit into the frame)? If so how, is it the angle of the cut, finish appearance of the router, can a 1200 even do an interchangable such as the Oakley Flak Jacket, Half Jacket, ect. Thanks in advance, Nothing beats actual experience in answering the tough questions.

Comment

Great qustion for the master! Mr. B

Comment

Can I share BBQ Eyewear?

Comment

Originally posted by Plausible View Post
                    So Barry, you are saying that for an interchangable like an Oakley Flak Jacket, Half Jacket, ect that the MEI does a better job on the shelf'd area (which allows it to fit into the frame)? If so how, is it the angle of the cut, finish appearance of the router, can a 1200 even do an interchangable such as the Oakley Flak Jacket, Half Jacket, ect. Thanks in advance, Nothing beats actual experience in answering the tough questions.

At this time, software in the ME1200 CANNOT sculpt the lip of frames like an Oakley FJ, HJ, etc. However, at VEE & VEW, they did demonstrate pre-prod software that would allow these frames to be done. The MEI would, however, still be better than an ME1200 in its present configuration for *finish* on the shelf of these lenses.

B

Comment

Originally posted by braheem24 View Post
                      Can I share BBQ Eyewear?

Is that a Varilux lens from a dude with a signature line of:

"Proud member of the ABE Club!
                      Don't feed the Beast..."

Comment

I had some junk lenses lying around. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by fjpod View Post
                          I dunno. I just can't get that excited about an edger. You guys gotta get a life....enjoy.
                          I <3 my ME1200!!
                          Pez:D

Comment

Originally posted by fjpod View Post
                            I don't even get that excited over my Heidelberg Retinal Tomographer.
                            You realize you're comparing 6K to 60K, and probably 10% of your patient's benefit from an HRT whereas 100% from the edger, 2002 technology to 2012 technology everything is 10 fold even the excitement ;)

Comment

I have to tell you that service is not dead!

I have known the folks at Santinelli personally for 7+ years; every executive in the company is still there and they are not family. The boss is not the easiest guy- he is a lot like me but an Italian version- but he must be doing something correctly to keep his people for all these years.

I ordered my new machine and had some concerns about my expectations for the machine; I do 85% trivex and they do not know if anybody else does the type of work we run on a daily basis. The newest version was just optimized for trivex and it should take care of my issues, but that is no guarantee. I have a machine that is #3 ME-1000 from 7+ years ago and we have no problems with the work we do and to get a new machine and have an issue that does not exist would not make anybody happy.\

I was speaking with Franco last night -after hours- who is responsible for the machine technology in the US and he was the utmost professional possible!!! He was not going to guarantee me that the machine will meet all my expectations out of the box, but we did agree on what was acceptable and what to do if it did not meet the expected level of work. Perfection!

The answer was simple; at installation we will know if it is perfect! We will numerous test lenses in thick ft-28 trivex with super hydro as it is the toughest material to process for the machine. We went to a trivex roughing wheel in our ME-1000 and it has been a perfect machine ever since. They do not offer one for the ME-1200 so if we have an issue, they will make me a wheel that ensures perfect work! That is service!

That is why I am buying another machine and never even looked at another company. They charge an extra $10,000 per machine and it is worth it to me.

Craig

Comment

Thanks for posting that Craig!

To often, we only hear crying and whining about companies or product. It is refreshing to hear when a company EXCEDES expectations!

Good luck and please keep us posted!

Comment

Working...
                                X