X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just sold a Panamic

Comment

Originally posted by drk View Post
      Sorry to be a wet blanket, but how in the world can anyone give Essilor any cred on a new product?

They routinely misrepresent and obfuscate...
      'Cause inquiring minds want to know...and....

they're all for adds of +2.50 ... my worst clients for other FF. So I'm tryin these.

B

Comment

I just can't get that excited about progressives anymore. We had a frame rep that swore up and down that all she could wear was the latest and greatest in lens design. She tried the 'older' designs years ago and she hated them!! She brought a pair of sunglasses and we put in some progressives. She claimed they were wonderful and the vision was great! She was dying to know what lens we used. We told her, VIP. Oh that was great!!

To be honest I have never encountered a lens that didn't work. As long as you select and fit correctly they'll be fine. Don't get me wrong I sell the crap out of these newer designs....it's just...well the thrill is gone!!!

Comment

Originally posted by edKENdance View Post
          I just sold a Panamic

Selling machine!!:cheers:

Comment

I can't wait to see what the March lens of the month is, and who buys into it. I faintly remember reading something about Oprah's book club....

Comment

Variluck-o-the-Irish?

Comment

Originally posted by edKENdance View Post
                I just sold a Panamic
                Panamic is on it's way out in the near term. Ellipse is gone next year.

Comment

[QUOTE=Judy Canty;330291
                  The PDF's take a little long to load, but they've got good information.[/QUOTE]

Lee Pruit said:
                  Psst! It is not us. It's you opticians that keep ordering them.
                  To which Judy replied:

:bbg: :hammer:Indeed.
                  This thread is a good example of what I was referring to in the "monopoly" thread. This isn't a bash on Luzerne, but a comment on independent labs in general.

Why don't they promote more choices from non E sources?

Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Comment

Originally posted by allanon View Post
                    Panamic is on it's way out in the near term. Ellipse is gone next year.

Who said?

I have heard rumor that the Panamic has been set for retirement, but I have yet to hear any rumor or bitter chattering about the Ellipse.

Comment

Originally posted by Fezz View Post
                      Who said?

I have heard rumor that the Panamic has been set for retirement, but I have yet to hear any rumor or bitter chattering about the Ellipse.

I heard that Ellipse is being renamed something mystical like "Varilux Short".
                      Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Comment

Originally posted by Johns View Post
                        Lee Pruit said: To which Judy replied:

This thread is a good example of what I was referring to in the "monopoly" thread. This isn't a bash on Luzerne, but a comment on independent labs in general.

We do, but the vast majority keep ordering the same old stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
                          I always wondered how Varilux lenses could be improved, because if you believe their advertising, they're already perfect. So how can you improve on perfection?
                          Perfection +1?

I can't recall hearing them called "perfect". "Best" - sure. And best is best, until the next best comes along! ;)
                          ...Just ask me...

Comment

Originally posted by Johns View Post
                            Look at the Noveau thread, Essilor has agreements in place that don't allow indy labs that carry their producst to talk another lens up over their product. Combine that with their dominating force in the market. An indy lab rep would be walking through a mine field trying to offer other manufacturers products.

What if they were to walk into this guys account:

Originally posted by Uilleann
                            There are *plenty* of us who use Essilor lenses, and many other large multi-national lens manufacturers products with *great* success. Simply put - they work. And very very well for many of us. They're also cheaper to some of us than just about any other option. They offer a very wide selection of lenses for a wide selection of lifestyles and vision needs. They have a killer warranty. They have some pretty amazing representation out in the field (hat tip in our Pete's general direction). Are they "perfect"? Nope. But neither is *ANY* other lens manufacturer on this little rock we call home. Misrepresent? No more than *ANY* other lens manufacturer I've ever met.

No need to be a hater! :shiner::p:cheers::cheers::cheers:
                            You know he's gonna call his E rep and tell them what the lab rep said about E products. Sure he walks away with the warm and fuzzy feelings oh and they are cheaper than any other option.

Now what happens to the lab rep or the lab? So the choices are there but you need to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Judy Canty View Post
                              We do, but the vast majority keep ordering the same old stuff.
                              It's like a crack addiction. I have seen many opticians blindly offer their products win, lose, or draw. I have seen from personal experience other lenses that work better. I compare them to Microsoft when tehy were buyign up competition which they are doing in the lab business. I have also heard rumors that they are opening a mega lab in Mexico and will close regional labs in the states when that lab opens. Oh and they will offer lenses direct to patients through framesdirekt.com. Can't wait to see the look on ECPs faces when their patients that were sending in thsoe Varilux Registration cards start getting mailings pushing online eyewear that will be the ultimate betrayal.

I don't order E products anymore because they are continually degrading this business to the point where the future is questionable. Very much like these economic bubble lately, it's all about the dollar now and they're burning my bridge not theirs so what's the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by YrahG View Post
                                Now what happens to the lab rep or the lab? So the choices are there but you need to ask.
                                No, you don't need to ask, you need to listen. My "red bag of courage" is stuffed full of information of every kind on products and services we offer. However, when your shop is decorated with multiples of the same name and logo, it's a pretty sure bet that you're not really interested in something new or different. I understand because I've been there. You've spent a lot of time and effort to educate your patients on why you prefer one brand over another and it's much easier to continue down that path. It's much more difficult to explain why you've changed your mind. "Perhaps," you think, "they won't believe me or my recommendations anymore."

The products you promote should be the ones you believe in, regardless of manufacturer and that needs to be reflected in your patient literature and become a part of your conversations with your patients.

--stepping down from my "thinking independently" soapbox.

Comment

Working...
                                X