Crizal AR Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My two cents.

I have Crizal and I haven't had a spot of trouble with it.

Comment

I have just recently gotten Crizal on my new set of glasses and the standard AR that I've had on my previous glasses doesn't even compare! The Crizal is extremely easy to clean, it doesn't smudge and smear like standard AR. I am also impressed by the scratch resistance of the coating and it's ability to repel dust and dirt. I highly doubt that I wil be using a standard in-house AR again!

Comment

Originally posted by RoadHouseBlues View Post
        I have just recently gotten Crizal on my new set of glasses and the standard AR that I've had on my previous glasses doesn't even compare! The Crizal is extremely easy to clean, it doesn't smudge and smear like standard AR. I am also impressed by the scratch resistance of the coating and it's ability to repel dust and dirt. I highly doubt that I wil be using a standard in-house AR again!

8 years 1 month & 7 days! That has got to be a record for digging up a dead thread.
        A lack of planning on your part DOES NOT constitute an emergency on mine!

Comment

Originally posted by Himyope View Post
          ...if anyone is selling Crizal as well as another type of AR, how do you describe Crizal as the "superior" AR without making the "normal" AR sound like junk. I don't like to offer an "inferior" product to anyone.
          The Crizal is great, and honestly it is the only AR we really sell. We offer the Zeis Carat, SharpView, and a generic lab coat also, more to deal with availability issues we've run into as opposed to offering other price options. The newest Crizal product, the Crizal Avance is very easily cleaned- older Crizal products were like grease magnets for some patients, and using that focus point we've been able to change many people's minds about AR. Not only is it easily cleaned but the clarity it provides is pretty great also. Our selling points to patients on how this product is superior is that the coating is intergrated into the lenses, cleans easily, and can help vision by decreasing glare.

The key, I feel, in informing patients about AR options as to not make them feel that they must get the higher end product otherwise they are getting garbage is letting them know that AR period is better that no AR. If they enjoy a less exspensive lower quality AR then perhaps eventually they will make the investment and go with a better product next time they fill their Rx and be even more satisfied with their lenses.

And just a point of clarification, our optical doesn't try to sell the Crizal because it is the most exspensive in an attempt to bleed our patients of their last dime. We sell the Crizal at under $90- with it's 2 year warranty and optimal features our patients are getting a screaming deal. Our motivation being that we want people to be able to get the best without having to pay too much and without having to drive the considerable distance (we are located in a rural community) to a Shopko, Walmart, or Lenscrafters to pay the same amount (or less in most cases) and recieve a considerably less superior product. :D

Comment

Dinosaur..................

This thread is a dinosaur from the times when any consumer could come on OptiBoard and glorify the Crzal's and Valiluxes. I always thought some of the large corporations had hired an army of consumers to push their goodies...............

03-08-2001 11:59 AM

:bbg: :bbg: :bbg:

Comment

Were you that paranoid in 2001??
              "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
              Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
              www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bradmain View Post
                Jim, yes you did forget one very important
                player in the AR arena...Hoya. I would stack their HIVISION coating up against Crizal or anyone else any day of the week and keep it there for 2 years or more. (Of course, my disclaimer is that I am a Hoya rep and I couldn't let your omission of us go.)
                I would agree that Super Hi-Vision is more scratch resistant than Crizal, but I prefer Crizal's lower residual color and higher cleanability. I wear both but I can tell when I hav SHV on by how dirty they get.

Comment

Were you that paranoid in 2001??.................

Originally posted by hcjilson View Post
                  Were you that paranoid in 2001??

.........Can't remember..................:hammer:

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick777 View Post
                    I would agree that Super Hi-Vision is more scratch resistant than Crizal, but I prefer Crizal's lower residual color and higher cleanability. I wear both but I can tell when I hav SHV on by how dirty they get.
                    and now that Forte is on the market, I am sure that it is equal to the scratch resistance of Super Hi

Comment

Originally posted by bob_f_aboc View Post
                      8 years 1 month & 7 days! That has got to be a record for digging up a dead thread.
                      Hey blame it on google not me!!

Comment

The scratch resistance (sr) of Crizal Avance has recently been improved. It is twice as scratch resistant as the Alize. I believe that it is as sr as Super Hi-Vision now, if not more so.

Comment

Sharpstick et al,

I hope all you AR fans are aware of the fact that AR treated lenses don't get any dirtier than clear lenses. They only SHOW it. This is a selling point that is often missed.
                          "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
                          Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
                          www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Comment

Actually, many of the best AR lenses now include hydro/oliophobic properties that do indeed make them far easier to clean and to keep clean - especially when compared to a non A/R lens. Some also employ different technologies to minimize static attraction of particulates etc. as well. I've never seen ANY base lens do that.

Comment

Originally posted by hcjilson View Post
                              Sharpstick et al,

I hope all you AR fans are aware of the fact that AR treated lenses don't get any dirtier than clear lenses. They only SHOW it. This is a selling point that is often missed.
                              I know this is commonly said, but I don't know if I completely believe it.

There is a real difference in how clean Crizal Avance lenses stay compared to any other AR I have worn. They also are extremely easy to clean, I just rinse with water. I have worn AR lenses since 1986 so I have had over 40 pairs of AR glasses.

Comment

Love Crizal. I have a pair in crizal Alize and another pair with Crizal Avance. I love the avance one more but they are both great. A bit costly. It is much easier to clean!. I have to take my Crizal lens coated glasses to the theater. It is a must!

Comment

Working...
                                X