rivets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rivets

Working with 60+ year old safety glasses we would find it valuable to have rivets? bushings? to repair side-shield goggles, AO, Baush, Willson, Welsh, etc.

Does anyone know where we could purchase?

Thank you

Gary

Hilco has them.

Comment

And you'll need a staking kit.
      DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
      "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

We have the old repair kits and tools from a couple different manufacturers. Including what looks like a rivet tool. Not sure what a staking kit is.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20_400StakingToo.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	867865

There is a staking set, it makes removing and replacing rivets and even frozen screws a bit easier.
          1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
          1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
          1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by HarryChiling View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7392[/ATTACH]

There is a staking set, it makes removing and replacing rivets and even frozen screws a bit easier.
            Wow, brings back memories! Used to be my favourite tool
            WE SEE THINGS NOT AS THEY ARE, BUT AS WE ARE..... Anais Nin

Comment

Originally posted by cleyes View Post
              Wow, brings back memories! Used to be my favourite tool
              Still have one waiting to be used once in a a while

Comment

I've modified mine and I use it to easily mount the nasal sides of drill mounts. I know ho to make it so I could use it for the temples too (although it does work well for slim temples) but it would involve making an entirely new bottom piece with more clearance than possible with existing bottoms. Better than pliers!
                DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
                "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
                  I've modified mine and I use it to easily mount the nasal sides of drill mounts. I know ho to make it so I could use it for the temples too (although it does work well for slim temples) but it would involve making an entirely new bottom piece with more clearance than possible with existing bottoms. Better than pliers!
                  You too? And I thought I was the only one.
                  www.EyewearbyGiorgio.com

Comment

I've got one sitting, but we have a peening bit stuck in the top because the lock bolt sheared clean off. Still use it for peening, but that's it until I can get that bolt out.

Comment

I want to purchase a staking tool to install/press rivets into some Glasses projects that I work on, I really liked the Hilco one but having difficulty contacting them, I want to purchase this item as an individual not as a company and so far could not get an answer from them, I checked websites like Amazon and Ebay but could not find a staking tool similar to the Hilco one there as well, Does anyone know where I can purchase one?? preferably a website where I can ship it to my address. Please help, I never thought this would be a taunting process like this....

P.S: HOPE TO FIRE UP THIS 3 YEAR OLD DISCUSSION

Comment

You might be able to find someone selling a few used ones.

Contact a fellow member, Jeep-Power, he may have a few used ones to sell.

Comment

I suggest starting a new thread in the general forum specifically asking for a staking set.

You might get better responses!

Comment

Working...
                          X