• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reptile Sunglasses

Anyone familiar with these folks?

not exactly

Comment

I've seen the website before They look kinda interesting, but I wonder how much is technology and how much is sales hype.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqui View Post
        I've seen the website before They look kinda interesting, but I wonder how much is technology and how much is sales hype.

Compared to some other companies I think the hype is rather subdued. I'm more interested in the build of the frame and the reputation of the company when it comes to dealing with accounts.

Comment

I've used them before for VSP patients who wanted sport suns through their insurance. We displayed them right next to Oakley and they sold very well. Quality on lenses and frames was good, returns were super easy, rx range was pretty good.

Comment

Excellent Sunglasses

Originally posted by edKENdance View Post
            Anyone familiar with these folks?

http://www.reptilesun.com/tec.htm
            I have been selling them for almost 2 years now. Have not had any issues with them. Patients love them. Styles are nice. Our office is by the shore, boaters and fishermen really like them.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOptician View Post
              I have been selling them for almost 2 years now. Have not had any issues with them. Patients love them. Styles are nice. Our office is by the shore, boaters and fishermen really like them.

Thanks for the replies. I've sent them a mail and am awaiting a reply.

Comment

Is there a big minimum buy-in?
                I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeHamm View Post
                  Is there a big minimum buy-in?

No reply yet....

Comment

We negotiated the buy in down when we brought them in. Don't remember how much it was to begin with, but think we brought in 18 or so.

Comment

I know the owner personally, an independent Massachusetts licensed optician who knows what the customers are looking for. He goes to the extreme to keep his customers satisfied and very easy to do business with. I personally wear a couple of his sunglasses (as well as my kids) and the quality is not hype. Had worn Maui Jim for years and now Reptile as it's replacement. Definitely, would give them a try!

Comment

Originally posted by Thumbs View Post
                        He goes to the extreme to keep his customers satisfied and very easy to do business with.

Originally posted by edKENdance View Post
                        No reply yet....

Sounds like he is not so extreme!

Comment

You beat me to it Fezz. It's been about a week.

Comment

Ken,
                            It appears that you have not been receiving my emails. We do value all inquiries and always respond in a timely fashion. I have responded to your inquiry via email reply on March 12 and a second email on March 13 when i was told by one of the optiboard members that it did not appear that you have received a response from us. I would have called you but you did not include in your original email a phone number, address or store name.
                            I just received a call from one of our customers that read that you still haven’t heard from us so i thought I’d sign up and leave you this reply.
                            We are at your service; please check your email spam box for information that i forwarded to you. feel free to call me at 800-625-1880 or email me at sam@reptilesun.com.

Comment

A person just registered as ReptileSun!

Maybe the want to show us how they go to extremes to keep customers satisfied!

Or....maybe they want to show how they go to extremes to avoid customer satisfaction!

Or maybe how it takes an EXTREMELY long time to respond to customers!

Comment

Working...
                              X